Need Help

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Pratyush, Jul 14, 2006.

  1. Pratyush

    Pratyush Guest

    There is a Java Applet which digitally signs files after taking
    private key from a smart card.This applet takes external files.

    I want to do this "Generate digital signature of a web page with the
    help of an applet of which the applet is itself a part"

    I am trying using Java Applet to Javascript Communication.

    I am able to access the object which represents the HTML document.
    That abject is represented by document itself.
    Now I have to somehow generate the whole webpage i.e. like we view in a
    notepad like this:
    <HTML>
    <Title>my page</title>
    Then write into a file and then that file can be signed.
    This is what I feel.
    In C#.net there is a method .innerhtml.

    Does such kind of a method exists in Java.???

    I m searching but cudn't get till now.
    Will serialization work??

    Pratyush, Jul 14, 2006

  2. Pratyush

    Randy Webb Guest

    Pratyush said the following on 7/14/2006 1:31 AM:
    > There is a Java Applet which digitally signs files after taking
    > private key from a smart card.This applet takes external files.
    >
    > I want to do this "Generate digital signature of a web page with the
    > help of an applet of which the applet is itself a part"
    >
    > I am trying using Java Applet to Javascript Communication.
    >
    > I am able to access the object which represents the HTML document.
    > That abject is represented by document itself.
    > Now I have to somehow generate the whole webpage i.e. like we view in a
    > notepad like this:
    > <HTML>
    > <Title>my page</title>
    > Then write into a file and then that file can be signed.
    > This is what I feel.
    > In C#.net there is a method .innerhtml.
    >
    > Does such kind of a method exists in Java.???

    In JAVA or Javascript? Javascript has .innerHTML - note the case. If you
    are truly asking about JAVA, you might want to ask in comp.lang.java.*

    --
    Randy
    Temporarily at: http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/hikksnotathome/cljfaq/

    Randy Webb, Jul 14, 2006