need info about web parts

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Cal Who, Mar 3, 2010.

  1. Cal Who

    Cal Who Guest

    I've been playing with web parts to get familiar with it.

    I see that MS provides very few web parts in the tool box. I wonder if there
    are web parts available someplace else?

    Also I'm wondering if there is a relationship to the widgets I see at
    various sites?

    Do developers make their own web parts by including the code from a widget
    like the one available at:

    http://www.time.com/time/rss#widgets

    Just looking for some orientation info so I can determine if I have a use
    for web parts.

    Thanks in advance
    Cal Who, Mar 3, 2010