Need info. on automation using Ruby

up.sachi

Hey Guys,

I have a task of automating an application (java to be precise) which runs on UNIX platform. I want to automate it using the ruby. Can anyone of you give more info. on how to do it? Is it good to use Ruby for this task?

Robert Klemme

Hey Guys,

I have a task of automating an application (java to be precise) which
runs on UNIX platform. I want to automate it using the ruby. Can
anyone of you give more info. on how to do it? Is it good to use Ruby
for this task?

"automation" is a pretty vague term. JRuby may be for you. But: what
do you want to do?

Cheers

robert

Sachin Uplaonkar

The thing is I have an application which is a CLI based, wherein you normally give in the cmds n gives the result. I want to make it a interactive onewherein it 'll ask for the cmd as input n then writes that result into a file. After that using regular expression would like to find the string which I intend to find and show how many of those strings are present in that file.

Is it fine?

Robert Klemme

The thing is I have an application which is a CLI based, wherein you
normally give in the cmds n gives the result. I want to make it a
interactive one wherein it 'll ask for the cmd as input n then writes
that result into a file. After that using regular expression would
like to find the string which I intend to find and show how many of
those strings are present in that file.

So you want to add a kind of command shell. You could look at IRB for
inspiration.

Kind regards

robert