Need info on embedding Windows Forms controls with managed C++ assemblies

Ken Varn

I don't know if this is the right group for this or not, but I am looking
for the best resources that are out there on how to embed Windows Forms User
Controls in a web page. I have found various sporadic articles here and
there, but the details are not always adequate enough. Any info on books,
web sites, Usenet groups, blogs, etc., would be helpful.

Ken Varn
Senior Software Engineer
Diebold Inc.
MailID = varnk
Domain = diebold.com

Ken Varn

Thanks for the info Steve. The only problem I have with this is that it is
like many other articles that I have read. It goes over the basics of doing
embedded windows forms controls, but does not go into enough details. For
instance.

1. How do you debug these controls?
2. How do you handle security for the average user who does not know how to
set up .NET Framework CAS Security?
3. If a control will not load, how can you troubleshoot it to find out why
it won't load?
4. What about managed C++ assemblies. How are these deployed if they
depend on other non managed DLLs?
5. What are some of the pitfalls of using embedded winform controls in the
browser?
6. How can you determine if the client has the right version of the .NET
framework loaded?

Many other questions like these are usually covered in advanced
documentation on the subject. However, I have not been able to find any
advanced documentation on this subject. i.e., books, white papers, etc..

If there is any advanced info out there on this topic I would like to know
where it is.

Steve C. Orr said:
Here's an article I put together on embedding windows forms controls in a
web page:
http://SteveOrr.net/articles/WinformControls.aspx

You're right. This info is not covered anyplace I've seen. I've figured
that all out through a lengthy trial and error process. That's a lot of
info to cover. Sounds like enough material for a follow up article.
I can't cover the answers to all those questions here in detail, but if
you've got a specific concise question try posting it here.

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr,