    Diebold Inc.
    MailID = varnk
    Domain = diebold.com

    Ken Varn, May 21, 2007

  2. Here's an article I put together on embedding windows forms controls in a
    web page:
    http://SteveOrr.net/articles/WinformControls.aspx

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr,

    Steve C. Orr [MCSD, MVP, CSM, ASP Insider], May 22, 2007

  3. Ken Varn

    Ken Varn Guest

    Thanks for the info Steve. The only problem I have with this is that it is
    like many other articles that I have read. It goes over the basics of doing
    embedded windows forms controls, but does not go into enough details. For
    instance.

    1. How do you debug these controls?
    2. How do you handle security for the average user who does not know how to
    set up .NET Framework CAS Security?
    3. If a control will not load, how can you troubleshoot it to find out why
    it won't load?
    4. What about managed C++ assemblies. How are these deployed if they
    depend on other non managed DLLs?
    5. What are some of the pitfalls of using embedded winform controls in the
    browser?
    6. How can you determine if the client has the right version of the .NET
    framework loaded?

    Many other questions like these are usually covered in advanced
    documentation on the subject. However, I have not been able to find any
    advanced documentation on this subject. i.e., books, white papers, etc..

    If there is any advanced info out there on this topic I would like to know
    where it is.

    "Steve C. Orr [MCSD, MVP, CSM, ASP Insider]" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Ken Varn, May 24, 2007
  4. You're right. This info is not covered anyplace I've seen. I've figured
    that all out through a lengthy trial and error process. That's a lot of
    info to cover. Sounds like enough material for a follow up article.
    I can't cover the answers to all those questions here in detail, but if
    you've got a specific concise question try posting it here.

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr,

    Steve C. Orr [MCSD, MVP, CSM, ASP Insider], May 30, 2007