need info on front page express

red belair

Hi
Would this be an ok group to ask a couple of questions about FPE?
Is there a better group?
Thanks In Advance
Joe

WebcastMaker

Would this be an ok group to ask a couple of questions about FPE?
Is there a better group?

Depends what you want to ask about it. It's only an editor. You need
to be asking "is this the place to learn how to make a website. And the
answer is yes.

red belair

Here is/are my questions and situation:

I have some my own pages up that I wrote and now find the need to put
a file on the hosts' server and have it able to be downloaded to any
system that needs it.

I do not know how to do it....plain and simple.

I don't know about Barbara Walters and don't care to.

I have used Front Page Express for all my sites, although I can do
Front Page if necessary. As far as I can determine from what I know
and read about FPE, it either is not capable or the transfer of files
it out of the realm of authoring applications and strictly an FTP
thing--a thing of which I only know how to use.

I would appreciate any assistance, whether it be directly here or at a
reference site.

Thanks
Joe

Nico Schuyt

red said:
I have some my own pages up that I wrote and now find the need to put
a file on the hosts' server and have it able to be downloaded to any
system that needs it.

You only have to make a link to that file.
Or type in HTML-view:

Sid Ismail

: Would this be an ok group to ask a couple of questions about FPE?
: Is there a better group?

Definitely not this group. FP is a swear-word here.

Sid

Sid Ismail

: I have some my own pages up that I wrote and now find the need to put
: a file on the hosts' server and have it able to be downloaded to any
: system that needs it.
:
: I do not know how to do it....plain and simple.

Ask your host about FTP'ing to them.

Sid

Dan Abrey

red belair said:
Hi
Would this be an ok group to ask a couple of questions about FPE?
Is there a better group?
Thanks In Advance
Joe

FP has such a bad standing that you're more likely to get flamed than
anything else in here, why not try microsoft.public.frontpage.client, if you
NS carries it.

lostinspace