    would be thankful. Looking forward to your responses.

    Regard,

    CODEJUNKEY
    CODEJUNKEY, Apr 11, 2008

  2. CODEJUNKEY

    Jim Langston Guest

    CODEJUNKEY wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I m looking to develop some application that could find some Instant
    > messenger saved passwords in Local Machine. I don't know much about
    > the mechanism or encryption schemes for Credentials in System
    > Registry. If somebody could provide me some guidance in this regard I
    > would be thankful. Looking forward to your responses.

    Unfortunately, this question is totally off topic for this newsgroup for a
    number of reasons. Primarily, this newsgroup deals with C++ as defined in
    the standard. IM, passwords, Local Machine, etc.. are not defined in the
    standard.

    You need to ask the question in a newsgroup that is appropriate, not sure
    which one that woudl be. maybe microsoft.public.vc.language might help or
    at least direct you to an even more appropriate newsgroup.

    Good luck.

    --
    Jim Langston
    Jim Langston, Apr 11, 2008

  3. CODEJUNKEY

    CODEJUNKEY Guest

    On Apr 11, 11:30 am, "Jim Langston" <> wrote:
    > CODEJUNKEY wrote:
    > > Hi,

    > > I m looking to develop some application that could find some Instant
    > > messenger saved passwords in Local Machine. I don't know much about
    > > the mechanism or encryption schemes for Credentials in System
    > > Registry. If somebody could provide me some guidance in this regard I
    > > would be thankful. Looking forward to your responses.

    > Unfortunately, this question is totally off topic for this newsgroup for a
    > number of reasons. Primarily, this newsgroup deals with C++ as defined in
    > the standard. IM, passwords, Local Machine, etc.. are not defined in the
    > standard.
    >
    > You need to ask the question in a newsgroup that is appropriate, not sure
    > which one that woudl be. maybe microsoft.public.vc.language might help or
    > at least direct you to an even more appropriate newsgroup.
    >
    > Good luck.
    >
    > --
    > Jim Langston

    Thanks