    immediately important?

    --
    Alan
    Alan Biddle, Feb 6, 2010

  2. En Sat, 06 Feb 2010 12:45:39 -0300, Alan Biddle <>
    escribió:

    > I could use a recommendation on a free installer for use by an
    > unsophisticated programmer, that would be me, for some simple programs
    > which are a bit more than "Hello World," but only a little. Basically
    > reading text files and processing the results. Nothing fancy. I am
    > using PY2EXE to create the distribution.
    >
    > In doing the Google, and from past posting here, I see that most
    > recommendations are for inno and nsis. I expect that either would do
    > what I want. Is one a better choice for someone to learn enough to do
    > basic stuff without getting bogged down in details which are not
    > immediately important?

    I, for myself, prefer InnoSetup. For a simple and standard installer, just
    use the wizard to create it, and you're done.

    --
    Gabriel Genellina
    Gabriel Genellina, Feb 9, 2010

  3. Alan Biddle

    Alan Biddle Guest

    Thanks you very much for the suggestion. I will give it a try.

    Since I posted the original question, I have tried PyInstaller. I am
    using Python 2.6.4, which is technically not supported, but it worked
    fine for the simple programs I tried, and simple enough even for me.
    ;)

    --
    Alan
    Alan Biddle, Feb 9, 2010