Need java 1.5.0_27

neha

Hi,
I need the old version of java :1.5.0_27.
Please help me with finding the download of this.
Thanks in advance

Knute Johnson

neha said:
Hi,
I need the old version of java :1.5.0_27.
Please help me with finding the download of this.
Thanks in advance

The last update of 1.5.0 is 15. 1.5 has started its "end of life
transition period." I would use a new compiler.

Daniele Futtorovic

Knute Johnson
email s/knute2008/nospam/

By the way,

"(e-mail address removed)" =~ s/knute2008/nospam/ or die "I ain't
done no thang!";

Ain't it?

Knute Johnson

Daniele said:
By the way,

"(e-mail address removed)" =~ s/knute2008/nospam/ or die "I ain't
done no thang!";

Ain't it?

Yea! And I just noticed I had it backwards too :).

Knute Johnson

Lew said:
I wouldn't go elsewhere than java.sun.com for Sun JDKs, ibm.com for
IBM's, etc.

I doubt that some ad-laden third-party site will carry a non-existent
version either. Especially one that reports,

"No results were found containing
jdk 1.5 download
In Title"

I discovered a really interesting phenomena the other day and that is
that there are a lot of folks who can't find anything on the internet
without firts going to someplace with a link to where they want to go.
In other words they can't just go to java.sun.com, they have to go to
some third party site to find a link to java.sun.com. There whole
internet awareness is based upon links from a few known sites. They
don't see a pine, an oak, a jacaranda, a birch, a plum, they see an
incomprehensible forest that they can only navigate by going to a sign
pointing out all the different trees. As a result they miss a lot of
the forest for the lack of a sign.

Joshua Cranmer

Knute said:
I discovered a really interesting phenomena the other day and that is
that there are a lot of folks who can't find anything on the internet
without firts going to someplace with a link to where they want to go.

I can't remember if it was /The Economist/ or BBC, but I remember
reading somewhere a statistic that showed that most people relied on a
external search engine to find information instead of starting from the
head of a site and working inwards. Sometimes the latter saves several
steps, though...

Roedy Green

I can't remember if it was /The Economist/ or BBC, but I remember
reading somewhere a statistic that showed that most people relied on a
external search engine to find information instead of starting from the
head of a site and working inwards. Sometimes the latter saves several
steps, though...

The reason is Google sorts hits by how many links have been created to
an entry. Usually what you want is near the top. The onsite searches
almost always give you a useless hodgepodge of irrelevant trivia
sorted in no particular order.

The problem with tree structured menus is authors like to arrange only
ONE way to get to something. My thinking is you should try to cover
pretty well any plausible route, with lots of cross linking at the
lowest level to other similar things.

I originally wrote the Java glossary for my own use. Its various
searching mechanisms I have developed over time to make it easy for ME
to find stuff. If every site's authors used their own indexing, I
think the quality would improve rapidly.

It takes work, but creating manual index to the critical information
is always going to beat a mechanically generated one that just finds a
word used, no matter what the context.