    I need the old version of java :1.5.0_27.
    Please help me with finding the download of this.
    Thanks in advance
    neha, Jun 9, 2008

  2. neha wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I need the old version of java :1.5.0_27.
    > Please help me with finding the download of this.
    > Thanks in advance

    The last update of 1.5.0 is 15. 1.5 has started its "end of life
    transition period." I would use a new compiler.

    --

    Knute Johnson
    email s/knute2008/nospam/

    Knute Johnson, Jun 9, 2008

  3. On 2008-06-09 23:01 +0100, Knute Johnson allegedly wrote:

    > Knute Johnson
    > email s/knute2008/nospam/

    By the way,

    "" =~ s/knute2008/nospam/ or die "I ain't
    done no thang!";

    Ain't it?

    --
    DF.
    to reply privately, change the top-level domain
    Daniele Futtorovic, Jun 9, 2008
  4. neha

    jatin Guest

    jatin, Jun 9, 2008
  5. Daniele Futtorovic wrote:
    > On 2008-06-09 23:01 +0100, Knute Johnson allegedly wrote:
    >
    >> Knute Johnson
    >> email s/knute2008/nospam/

    > By the way,
    >
    > "" =~ s/knute2008/nospam/ or die "I ain't
    > done no thang!";
    >
    > Ain't it?

    Yea! And I just noticed I had it backwards too :).

    --

    Knute Johnson
    email s/nospam/knute2008/

    Knute Johnson, Jun 9, 2008
  6. Lew wrote:
    > jatin wrote:
    >> On Jun 9, 11:55 pm, neha <> wrote:
    >>> Hi,
    >>> I need the old version of java :1.5.0_27.
    >>> Please help me with finding the download of this.
    >>> Thanks in advance

    >> check this link >
    >> http://www.somewhere

    > I wouldn't go elsewhere than java.sun.com for Sun JDKs, ibm.com for
    > IBM's, etc.
    >
    > I doubt that some ad-laden third-party site will carry a non-existent
    > version either. Especially one that reports,
    >
    > "No results were found containing
    > jdk 1.5 download
    > In Title"

    I discovered a really interesting phenomena the other day and that is
    that there are a lot of folks who can't find anything on the internet
    without firts going to someplace with a link to where they want to go.
    In other words they can't just go to java.sun.com, they have to go to
    some third party site to find a link to java.sun.com. There whole
    internet awareness is based upon links from a few known sites. They
    don't see a pine, an oak, a jacaranda, a birch, a plum, they see an
    incomprehensible forest that they can only navigate by going to a sign
    pointing out all the different trees. As a result they miss a lot of
    the forest for the lack of a sign.

    --

    Knute Johnson
    email s/nospam/knute2008/

    Knute Johnson, Jun 10, 2008
  7. Knute Johnson wrote:
    > I discovered a really interesting phenomena the other day and that is
    > that there are a lot of folks who can't find anything on the internet
    > without firts going to someplace with a link to where they want to go.

    I can't remember if it was /The Economist/ or BBC, but I remember
    reading somewhere a statistic that showed that most people relied on a
    external search engine to find information instead of starting from the
    head of a site and working inwards. Sometimes the latter saves several
    steps, though...
    tried it. -- Donald E. Knuth
    Joshua Cranmer, Jun 10, 2008
  8. neha

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Mon, 9 Jun 2008 11:55:07 -0700 (PDT), neha <>

    see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jdk.html
    --

    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    The Java Glossary
    Roedy Green, Jun 10, 2008
  9. neha

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 01:44:23 GMT, Joshua Cranmer
    who said :

    >I can't remember if it was /The Economist/ or BBC, but I remember
    >reading somewhere a statistic that showed that most people relied on a
    >external search engine to find information instead of starting from the
    >head of a site and working inwards. Sometimes the latter saves several
    >steps, though...

    The reason is Google sorts hits by how many links have been created to
    an entry. Usually what you want is near the top. The onsite searches
    almost always give you a useless hodgepodge of irrelevant trivia
    sorted in no particular order.

    The problem with tree structured menus is authors like to arrange only
    ONE way to get to something. My thinking is you should try to cover
    pretty well any plausible route, with lots of cross linking at the
    lowest level to other similar things.

    I originally wrote the Java glossary for my own use. Its various
    searching mechanisms I have developed over time to make it easy for ME
    to find stuff. If every site's authors used their own indexing, I
    think the quality would improve rapidly.

    It takes work, but creating manual index to the critical information
    is always going to beat a mechanically generated one that just finds a
    word used, no matter what the context.

    Roedy Green, Jun 10, 2008