Need Java 2 SDK version 1.4.0, File name is different from file name at the Sun site.

SteveSmith

Sun doesn't let you get the software from them now. Their links don't work.

Sorry to have to ask this question. I'm not very comfortable downloading the software from
a site other than Sun and I'd like to be sure I'm installing the right software. I'm using
an old computer (Windows 95b) and 1.4.0 is the newest version that will run
on it.

I downloaded the file from this site:

http://duke.csc.villanova.edu/jss1/javaResources/sdk.jsp

The file size matches the size that it should be according to the site below. The file
names also match.

http://public.planetmirror.com/pub/java-sun/J2SE/1.4.0/win32/install-windows-jdk.html

The problem I am having is the file name

j2sdk-1_4_0-win.exe

that I found on the villanova and planetmirror sites does not match the file name from
Sun. For example for the first update it would be

j2sdk-1_4_0_01-windows-i586.exe.

According to: http://java.sun.com/products/archive/j2se/1.4.0_04/install-windows.html

It may just be that the Sun document applies to updates to 1.4.0 and not the initial 1.4.0
version.

Is there a reliable source of information I can look at so I can be sure I have the right
file. This file name thing is probably a stupid question but I'm new to this and kind of
the cautious type. Sorry. ;-)

Thank you.