Need logging functionality.

Vikas

Hi y'all,

I need logging functionality to provide me following:

- logging levels that can be set at run-time.
- able to output to different files for different levels
- thread safe
- line, file, time and thread information

I could code but I was thinking that the above functionality is so
common that there should be something on the net. I looked around but
didn't find much. One of the library I looked at was log4cpp but its
too big for my need. I just need the above basic functionality. Can
someone point me where I can find something similar to what I need?

Thanks,
Vikas

X-Istence

Vikas said:
Hi y'all,

I need logging functionality to provide me following:

- logging levels that can be set at run-time.
- able to output to different files for different levels
- thread safe
- line, file, time and thread information

I could code but I was thinking that the above functionality is so
common that there should be something on the net. I looked around but
didn't find much. One of the library I looked at was log4cpp but its
too big for my need. I just need the above basic functionality. Can
someone point me where I can find something similar to what I need?

Thanks,
Vikas

Like you said, you could code. Basically i suggest doing it yourself so
that its totally to your liking and it will work like you want it.

X-Istence

Roal Zanazzi

Vikas said:
Hi y'all,

I need logging functionality to provide me following:

- logging levels that can be set at run-time.
- able to output to different files for different levels
- thread safe
- line, file, time and thread information

I could code but I was thinking that the above functionality is so
common that there should be something on the net. I looked around but
didn't find much. One of the library I looked at was log4cpp but its
too big for my need. I just need the above basic functionality. Can
someone point me where I can find something similar to what I need?

You could look at log4cpp, log4cxx, log4c++. I think they are all on
sourceforge.net.