Need module to test CGI uploads

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by kj, Jan 23, 2009.

  1. kj

    kj Guest

    I have a web page featuring an HTML form that includes two mandatory
    file-upload fields, a Perl CGI script to receive the submissions
    of this form, and a Perl module, let's call it MyCgiHandler, used
    by the CGI script, that has the code that actually processes the
    inputs "sent by web page" (so to speak). This Perl module relies
    on the standard Perl module CGI to access the request.

    I would like to write a script to automate the testing of the code
    in MyCgiHandler module. In particular, I want to automate the
    testing of the code that handles the file uploads.

    Therefore, I'm looking for some CPAN module that will help me mimic,
    from within the execution of the test script, a POST request
    including two file uploads.

    Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

    TIA!

    Kynn

    PS: I searched CPAN, but the closest I found to what I'm looking,
    namely CGI::Test, doesn't inspire confidence. It doesn't seem to
    be maintained (it was released on 2003), and the page for it has
    the warning "** UNAUTHORIAZED RELEASE **" prominently displayed in
    bold red letters.

    kj, Jan 23, 2009

  2. kj

    Steve Roscio Guest

    Hi KJ -

    You can use LWP and script the exchange entirely yourself. Or you can
    write .wt files (HTTP::WebTest).

    Also look into WATIR, it's not Perl (Ruby I think) but it is open source.

    - Steve

    Steve Roscio, Jan 23, 2009