Need module to test CGI uploads

kj

I have a web page featuring an HTML form that includes two mandatory
file-upload fields, a Perl CGI script to receive the submissions
of this form, and a Perl module, let's call it MyCgiHandler, used
by the CGI script, that has the code that actually processes the
inputs "sent by web page" (so to speak). This Perl module relies
on the standard Perl module CGI to access the request.

I would like to write a script to automate the testing of the code
in MyCgiHandler module. In particular, I want to automate the
testing of the code that handles the file uploads.

Therefore, I'm looking for some CPAN module that will help me mimic,
from within the execution of the test script, a POST request
including two file uploads.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

TIA!

Kynn

PS: I searched CPAN, but the closest I found to what I'm looking,
namely CGI::Test, doesn't inspire confidence. It doesn't seem to
be maintained (it was released on 2003), and the page for it has
the warning "** UNAUTHORIAZED RELEASE **" prominently displayed in
bold red letters.

Steve Roscio

Hi KJ -

You can use LWP and script the exchange entirely yourself. Or you can
write .wt files (HTTP::WebTest).

Also look into WATIR, it's not Perl (Ruby I think) but it is open source.

- Steve