Need non-programmer's WYSIWYG editor for Java Server Pages

Tor DeForest

I have been asked to improve the appearance of a website comprised of
Java Server Pages. I am not a Java programmer, I am a web designer. I
need a WYSIWYG editor for changing the look and feel of JSP pages that
I receive from the developer. All of the functionality of the
developer's code must be maintained, I only want to change the way the
page is laid out, and the CSS across the entire website. I would
prefer this editor to update the pages using JSP tags, not HTML, but I
am open to that if its the only way to do it. Can somebody please tell
me of a product that will allow me to do this? I have Dreamweaver,
GoLive and FrontPage, but they will not display the pages according to
the JSP tags in the files that I have received from the developer -
unless of course there is a way to do that in those programs and I
dont know how. Thanks in advance!

Andrew Thompson

I have been asked to improve the appearance of a website comprised of
Java Server Pages.

Do it with a nice stylesheet.

That should be all you need.

Andrew Thompson

Do it with a nice stylesheet.

That should be all you need.

I should have added to that
'assuming the programmer is using
structurally correct mark-up'.
Which is ..not a given.

If they are _not_ it makes your job
a lot more difficult, but if they are,
you should be able to do a nice page
by simply changing the styles.

For instance, http://csszengarden.com/
Most of the 'links' on that page are the
_same_ page - with different stylesheets.

Tim Tyler

Tor DeForest said:
I have been asked to improve the appearance of a website comprised of
Java Server Pages. I am not a Java programmer, I am a web designer. I
need a WYSIWYG editor for changing the look and feel of JSP pages that
I receive from the developer. [...]

http://google.com/search?q=jsp+wysiwyg

....suggests Allaire HomeSite - and a few other things.

However, now might be a good time to get to grips with HTML, CSS and JSP.