need OS user login name (but require anonymous IIS) settings

Rob Taylor

I have an IIS server that sits in a different non-trusted, domain from
my user accounts. I would like to use the user's OS/LDAP name to
authenticate my users when logging into my application. Since I can
point to any LDAP server from my IIS code, I was hoping to obtain the
login name at the desktop and pass that to my LDAP server for
verification. All of the mechanisms I've tried so far to obtain the
user name, have required that I disable anonymous access to IIS. Since
the IIS server is in a non trusted domain from the user accounts,
anonymous doesn't appear to be an option.

Is there a way via ASP to obtain the login name the user used to login
into their desktop with?

Thank you in advance.

Rob