    gavino Guest

    We need a perl developer in santa monica CA 100k+
    email

    gavino, Jul 22, 2006

  2. gavino

    Guest

    gavino wrote:
    > We need a perl developer in santa monica CA 100k+

    You have this usegroup confused with http://jobs.perl.org.

    I'm sure David Alder will be around shortly to further remind you...

    --
    David Filmer (http://DavidFilmer.com)

    , Jul 22, 2006

  3. On 2006-07-22, <> wrote:
    > gavino wrote:
    >> We need a perl developer in santa monica CA 100k+

    > You have this usegroup confused with http://jobs.perl.org.
    >
    > I'm sure David Alder will be around shortly to further remind you...

    Yeah, I'm a little behind due to OSCON. Thanks. :)

    You have posted a job posting or a resume in a technical group.

    Longstanding Usenet tradition dictates that such postings go into
    groups with names that contain "jobs", like "misc.jobs.offered", not
    technical discussion groups like the ones to which you posted.

    Had you read and understood the Usenet user manual posted frequently to
    "news.announce.newusers", you might have already known this. :) (If
    n.a.n is quieter than it should be, the relevent FAQs are available at
    http://www.faqs.org/faqs/by-newsgroup/news/news.announce.newusers.html)
    Another good source of information on how Usenet functions is
    news.newusers.questions (information from which is also available at
    http://www.geocities.com/nnqweb/).

    Please do not explain your posting by saying "but I saw other job
    postings here". Just because one person jumps off a bridge, doesn't
    mean everyone does. Those postings are also in error, and I've
    probably already notified them as well.

    If you have questions about this policy, take it up with the news
    administrators in the newsgroup news.admin.misc.

    http://jobs.perl.org may be of more use to you

    Yours for a better usenet,

    dha

    I don't want to get bitter/I don't want to turn cruel/I don't want to
    get old before I have to/I don't want to get jaded/Petrified and
    weighted/I don't want to get bitter like you. - Jill Sobule

    David H. Adler, Aug 1, 2006
  4. gavino

    Guest

    wrote:
    > I'm sure David Alder will be around shortly to further remind you...

    s/Alder/Adler/;

    Sorry about that, David.

    --
    David Filmer (http://DavidFilmer.com)

    , Aug 2, 2006
  5. On 2006-08-02, <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> I'm sure David Alder will be around shortly to further remind you...

    > s/Alder/Adler/;
    >
    > Sorry about that, David.

    Happens all the time. The weird thing is, although it happens all the
    time, I have *never* come across anyone named Alder. :)

    dha

    So get it on paper, with a signature, so you can wave it at them. If
    that doesn't work, use weapons.
    - David Cantrell

    David H. Adler, Aug 2, 2006
  6. gavino

    Guest

    David H. Adler wrote:
    > Happens all the time. The weird thing is, although it happens all the
    > time, I have *never* come across anyone named Alder. :)

    Lots of towns have streets named Alder, including a somewhat
    significant street through downtown Portland, OR (significant because
    it becomes the eastbound lanes of the Morrison Bridge - all bridge
    access points are significant in this West-coast City of Bridges).

    Boy, how off-topic is THAT? I only mention it because I knew you were
    here last week for OSCON, and you weren't very far from Alder St :))

    --
    David Filmer (http://DavidFilmer.com)

    , Aug 2, 2006
  7. gavino

    David Squire Guest

    wrote:
    > David H. Adler wrote:
    >> Happens all the time. The weird thing is, although it happens all the
    >> time, I have *never* come across anyone named Alder. :)

    > Lots of towns have streets named Alder,

    Yep, but probably named after trees rather than people.

    DS

    David Squire, Aug 2, 2006
  8. On 2006-08-02, David Squire <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> David H. Adler wrote:
    >>> Happens all the time. The weird thing is, although it happens all the
    >>> time, I have *never* come across anyone named Alder. :)

    >> Lots of towns have streets named Alder,

    > Yep, but probably named after trees rather than people.

    Exactly.

    And, yes, I did notice Alder street in pdx last week. :)

    Linguists don't know much, but they do know that nobody can succeed in
    telling people at large how to speak. - Larry Wall

    David H. Adler, Aug 3, 2006
  9. gavino

    -berlin.de Guest

    David H. Adler <> wrote in comp.lang.perl.misc:
    > On 2006-08-02, David Squire <> wrote:
    > > wrote:
    > >>
    > >> Lots of towns have streets named Alder,

    > > Yep, but probably named after trees rather than people.

    > Exactly.

    ....while the person is presumably named after a bird.

    Anno

    -berlin.de, Aug 3, 2006
  10. gavino

    Thomas J. Guest

    > > wrote:
    > >
    > > Yep, but probably named after trees rather than people.

    one more OT:

    Adler is the german word for eagle

    Thomas J., Aug 3, 2006