Need perl+java programmer

surya

We need help in moving some software from a Java-Embeded Perl platform
to an all Java environment. This is an VERY URGENT requirement. The
position is in Washington DC. The task initially is for 6 months with
additional work to follow. The client is a branch of Federal
Government. No security clearance of any type is required. We prefer
not to have to sponsor any visa or work permits. Forward resumes
immediately to (e-mail address removed).

Laura

surya said:
We need help in moving some software from a Java-Embeded Perl platform
to an all Java environment. This is an VERY URGENT requirement. The
position is in Washington DC. The task initially is for 6 months with
additional work to follow. The client is a branch of Federal
Government. No security clearance of any type is required. We prefer
not to have to sponsor any visa or work permits. Forward resumes
immediately to (e-mail address removed).

How did you ever get your Perl patform embedded in Java? What kind of a
crazy scheme was that? I would recommend hiring a Java and a Perl
programmer for this job because Perl is a left-brain language while Java is
right-brain. You are not likely to find someone actively at the top of
their abilities in both languages. About all they have in common is
garbage collection and a common ancestry of C/C++.

Can you afford to hire two programmers instead of just one?

How much does the job pay anyway?

You should check Perljob.com for the Perl guy and java.sun.com for Java.

Good luck!

David H. Adler

We need help

You have posted a job posting or a resume in a technical group.

Longstanding Usenet tradition dictates that such postings go into
groups with names that contain "jobs", like "misc.jobs.offered", not
technical discussion groups like the ones to which you posted.

Had you read and understood the Usenet user manual posted frequently to
"news.announce.newusers", you might have already known this. :) (If
n.a.n is quieter than it should be, the relevent FAQs are available at
http://www.faqs.org/faqs/by-newsgroup/news/news.announce.newusers.html)
Another good source of information on how Usenet functions is
news.newusers.questions (information from which is also available at
http://www.geocities.com/nnqweb/).

Please do not explain your posting by saying "but I saw other job
postings here". Just because one person jumps off a bridge, doesn't
mean everyone does. Those postings are also in error, and I've
probably already notified them as well.

If you have questions about this policy, take it up with the news
administrators in the newsgroup news.admin.misc.

http://jobs.perl.org may be of more use to you

Yours for a better usenet,

dha

John Bokma

Laura said:
How did you ever get your Perl patform embedded in Java? What kind of
a crazy scheme was that? I would recommend hiring a Java and a Perl
programmer for this job because Perl is a left-brain language while
Java is right-brain. You are not likely to find someone actively at
the top of their abilities in both languages.

Odd. I try to be that :)

Uri Guttman

JB> Odd. I try to be that :)

she is amazed when anyone can be at the top in any language, given her
skill set.

uri

John Bokma

Uri said:
JB> Odd. I try to be that :)

she is amazed when anyone can be at the top in any language, given her
skill set.

Ah ok. Well I am certainly not at the top of any language, I doubt anyone
can really know all ins and outs of a language. I learn quite often new
tricks here ;-) And I use Perl for over 10 years now.