    Government. No security clearance of any type is required. We prefer
    not to have to sponsor any visa or work permits. Forward resumes
    immediately to .

    surya, Nov 11, 2004

  2. surya

    Laura Guest

    surya wrote:

    > We need help in moving some software from a Java-Embeded Perl platform
    > to an all Java environment. This is an VERY URGENT requirement. The
    > position is in Washington DC. The task initially is for 6 months with
    > additional work to follow. The client is a branch of Federal
    > Government. No security clearance of any type is required. We prefer
    > not to have to sponsor any visa or work permits. Forward resumes
    > immediately to .

    How did you ever get your Perl patform embedded in Java? What kind of a
    crazy scheme was that? I would recommend hiring a Java and a Perl
    programmer for this job because Perl is a left-brain language while Java is
    right-brain. You are not likely to find someone actively at the top of
    their abilities in both languages. About all they have in common is
    garbage collection and a common ancestry of C/C++.

    Can you afford to hire two programmers instead of just one?

    How much does the job pay anyway?

    You should check Perljob.com for the Perl guy and java.sun.com for Java.

    Good luck!

    Laura, Nov 11, 2004

  3. On 2004-11-11, surya <> wrote:
    > We need help

    You have posted a job posting or a resume in a technical group.

    Longstanding Usenet tradition dictates that such postings go into
    groups with names that contain "jobs", like "misc.jobs.offered", not
    technical discussion groups like the ones to which you posted.

    Had you read and understood the Usenet user manual posted frequently to
    "news.announce.newusers", you might have already known this. :) (If
    n.a.n is quieter than it should be, the relevent FAQs are available at
    http://www.faqs.org/faqs/by-newsgroup/news/news.announce.newusers.html)
    Another good source of information on how Usenet functions is
    news.newusers.questions (information from which is also available at
    http://www.geocities.com/nnqweb/).

    Please do not explain your posting by saying "but I saw other job
    postings here". Just because one person jumps off a bridge, doesn't
    mean everyone does. Those postings are also in error, and I've
    probably already notified them as well.

    If you have questions about this policy, take it up with the news
    administrators in the newsgroup news.admin.misc.

    http://jobs.perl.org may be of more use to you

    Yours for a better usenet,

    dha

    In the silence that followed, Homer was heard to mutter,
    "Mmmm... context- dependent semantics..."
    - Darrin Edwards in c.l.p.m.

    David H. Adler, Nov 11, 2004
  4. surya

    John Bokma Guest

    Laura wrote:

    > How did you ever get your Perl patform embedded in Java? What kind of
    > a crazy scheme was that? I would recommend hiring a Java and a Perl
    > programmer for this job because Perl is a left-brain language while
    > Java is right-brain. You are not likely to find someone actively at
    > the top of their abilities in both languages.

    Odd. I try to be that :)

    John Bokma, Nov 11, 2004
  5. surya

    Uri Guttman Guest

    JB> Laura wrote:
    >> How did you ever get your Perl patform embedded in Java? What kind of
    >> a crazy scheme was that? I would recommend hiring a Java and a Perl
    >> programmer for this job because Perl is a left-brain language while
    >> Java is right-brain. You are not likely to find someone actively at
    >> the top of their abilities in both languages.

    JB> Odd. I try to be that :)

    she is amazed when anyone can be at the top in any language, given her
    skill set.

    uri

    Uri Guttman, Nov 12, 2004
  6. surya

    John Bokma Guest

    Uri Guttman wrote:

    > JB> Laura wrote:
    > >> How did you ever get your Perl patform embedded in Java? What
    > >> kind of a crazy scheme was that? I would recommend hiring a Java
    > >> and a Perl programmer for this job because Perl is a left-brain
    > >> language while Java is right-brain. You are not likely to find
    > >> someone actively at the top of their abilities in both languages.

    > JB> Odd. I try to be that :)
    >
    > she is amazed when anyone can be at the top in any language, given her
    > skill set.

    Ah ok. Well I am certainly not at the top of any language, I doubt anyone
    can really know all ins and outs of a language. I learn quite often new
    tricks here ;-) And I use Perl for over 10 years now.

    John Bokma, Nov 12, 2004