Need porting of German AI into Java

Discussion in 'Java' started by Mentifex, Dec 4, 2012.

  1. Mentifex

    Mentifex Guest

    The Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) at

    http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/mindforth.txt

    has been re-recreated in the German language at

    http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/DeKi.txt

    and needs porting into the Java language.

    There are no funds available for payment but
    mega kudos will accrue to the successful Java
    programmer who creates the Java True AI
    based on the various AI Minds such as

    http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/AiMind.html

    in English over JavaScript and the Russian

    http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/Dushka.html

    also in JavaScript.

    Mentifex (Arthur)
    --
    http://mind.sourceforge.net/java.html
    http://www.listbox.com/subscribe/?list_id=303

    Mentifex, Dec 4, 2012

  2. Mentifex

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Tue, 4 Dec 2012 11:55:41 -0800 (PST), Mentifex <>

    >http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/DeKi.txt
    >
    >and needs porting into the Java language.

    So what human language and computer language is it in now, and what
    human language / Java do you want to port it to?

    What skills will a suitable candidate need?

    What does it do?

    Roedy Green, Dec 5, 2012

  3. Mentifex

    Mentifex Guest

    On Dec 5, 2:34 pm, Roedy Green <>
    wrote:
    > On Tue, 4 Dec 2012 11:55:41 -0800 (PST), Mentifex <>
    >
    >> http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/DeKi.txt

    >> and needs porting into the Java language.

    > So what human language

    English; German; Russian;

    > and computer language is it in now, and what

    Forth; JavaScript

    > human language / Java do you want to port it to?

    all human languages, present and historical;
    Java for robots; Java for Web domains.

    > What skills will a suitable candidate need?

    creativity and a sense that the world is mad;

    > What does it do?

    thinks.
    > --
    > Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products http://mindprod.com

    Arthur

    Mentifex, Dec 6, 2012
  4. Mentifex

    Mentifex Guest

    On Dec 7, 1:34 am, bugbear <bugbear@trim_papermule.co.uk_trim> wrote:
    > Mentifex wrote:
    >> The Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) at

    >> http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/mindforth.txt

    >> has been re-recreated in the German language at

    >> http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/DeKi.txt

    > > and needs porting into the Java language.

    > If it exists, presumably in the language
    > of the designer choice, why does it need
    > porting?
    >
    >   BugBear

    Wotan Supercomputer Strong AI in 64-bit Linux iForth
    needs porting into Java and other mainstream languages
    for the sake of AI evolution and The Singularity.

    Mentifex (Arthur)

    Mentifex, Dec 7, 2012
  5. Mentifex

    markspace Guest

    On 12/7/2012 12:21 PM, Richard Owlett wrote:

    > Mentifex wrote:
    >>
    >> Wotan Supercomputer Strong AI in 64-bit Linux iForth
    >> needs porting into Java and other mainstream languages
    >> for the sake of AI evolution and The Singularity.
    >>

    > The information content of that sentence is extremely close to 0.

    Huh. I wonder if someone is testing out an AI on *us*?

    markspace, Dec 8, 2012
  6. Mentifex

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    On 12/7/2012 7:53 PM, Elizabeth D. Rather wrote:
    > On 12/7/12 2:42 PM, Patricia Shanahan wrote:

    >>> Huh. I wonder if someone is testing out an AI on *us*?

    >> It does seem strange. I would have thought Forth would be a good choice
    >> of language for some types of AI, and any porting would be to other
    >> versions of Forth, not to such a very different language as Java.

    > Folks, this is Mentifex. We're used to low information content.

    This:
    http://www.nothingisreal.com/mentifex_faq.html
    ?

    Arne

    Arne Vajhøj, Dec 8, 2012
  7. On 08/12/2012 01:59, Arne Vajhøj allegedly wrote:
    > This:
    > http://www.nothingisreal.com/mentifex_faq.html
    > ?

    Call me biased, but I must say, having a whole page on the web with
    citations from the pontifices of knowledge deriding one's name is quite
    an impressive reference. Whoever that Mentifex guy is, may he make
    strides in the pursuit of happiness.

    --
    DF.

    Daniele Futtorovic, Dec 8, 2012
  8. Mentifex

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    On 12/7/2012 8:25 PM, Daniele Futtorovic wrote:
    > On 08/12/2012 01:59, Arne Vajhøj allegedly wrote:
    >> This:
    >> http://www.nothingisreal.com/mentifex_faq.html
    >> ?

    > Call me biased, but I must say, having a whole page on the web with
    > citations from the pontifices of knowledge deriding one's name is quite
    > an impressive reference. Whoever that Mentifex guy is, may he make
    > strides in the pursuit of happiness.

    I will not attempt to judge who is right and who is wrong.

    But obviously these posts are part of something that has being
    going on for a long time.

    So we have been warned.

    Arne

    Arne Vajhøj, Dec 8, 2012
  9. On 08/12/2012 02:30, Arne Vajhøj allegedly wrote:
    > On 12/7/2012 8:25 PM, Daniele Futtorovic wrote:
    >> On 08/12/2012 01:59, Arne Vajhøj allegedly wrote:
    >>> This:
    >>> http://www.nothingisreal.com/mentifex_faq.html
    >>> ?

    >> Call me biased, but I must say, having a whole page on the web with
    >> citations from the pontifices of knowledge deriding one's name is quite
    >> an impressive reference. Whoever that Mentifex guy is, may he make
    >> strides in the pursuit of happiness.

    > I will not attempt to judge who is right and who is wrong.
    >
    > But obviously these posts are part of something that has being
    > going on for a long time.
    >
    > So we have been warned.

    Indeed! :D

    --
    DF.

    Daniele Futtorovic, Dec 8, 2012
  10. Patricia Shanahan <> writes:
    > It does seem strange. I would have thought Forth would be a good choice
    > of language for some types of AI, and any porting would be to other
    > versions of Forth, not to such a very different language as Java.

    I tried to use Forth in my own AI development. I tried really,
    really hard. But it just leaves too much "cockpit workload" when
    the actual application of itself requires more brain cells than I have.
    What strengths Forth still posesses WRT the rest of the world are
    down near embedded apps, not up in high level ones. IMHO.

    Andy

    Andy Valencia, Dec 8, 2012
  11. Mentifex

    Hugh Aguilar Guest

    On Dec 8, 7:08 am, Andy Valencia <> wrote:
    > What strengths Forth still posesses WRT the rest of the world are
    > down near embedded apps, not up in high level ones.  IMHO.

    I agree.

    Hugh Aguilar, Dec 13, 2012
  12. "Chris Uppal" <-THIS.org> writes:
    > Have you tried AI in Java ? (Serious question)

    I've done some large projects in Java, and found Java development to
    be more like rigid old Fortran/C edit-compile-run development, even
    with an IDE plus debugger. Python's easily the best fit.

    Andy Valencia
    Home page: http://www.vsta.org/andy/
    To contact me: http://www.vsta.org/contact/andy.html

    Andy Valencia, Dec 15, 2012
  13. Mentifex

    Lew Guest

    Chris Uppal wrote:
    > Have you tried AI in Java ? (Serious question)

    Check out the open-source dANN library at
    http://www.syncleus.com/

    --
    Lew

    Lew, Dec 15, 2012
  14. Mentifex

    Lew Guest

    Andy Valencia wrote:
    > I've done some large projects in Java, and found Java development to
    > be more like rigid old Fortran/C edit-compile-run development, even

    Is that a bad thing?

    > with an IDE plus debugger. Python's easily the best fit.

    For ...?

    Java works great. C# works great. Python works great. Assembler works great.

    Whatever.

    FWIW, my opinion of Java is that it's just fine for AI, and its unique
    idiomatic style is just that - an idiomatic style. Your dislike of it is
    immaterial.

    --
    Lew

    Lew, Dec 15, 2012
  15. Mentifex

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    On 12/15/2012 6:56 AM, Andy Valencia wrote:
    > "Chris Uppal" <-THIS.org> writes:
    >> Have you tried AI in Java ? (Serious question)

    > I've done some large projects in Java, and found Java development to
    > be more like rigid old Fortran/C edit-compile-run development, even
    > with an IDE plus debugger. Python's easily the best fit.

    If you do not like a compile phase then Java is not
    a language for you.

    Arne

    Arne Vajhøj, Dec 18, 2012