Need porting of German AI into Java

Mentifex

The Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) at

http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/mindforth.txt

has been re-recreated in the German language at

http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/DeKi.txt

and needs porting into the Java language.

There are no funds available for payment but
mega kudos will accrue to the successful Java
programmer who creates the Java True AI
based on the various AI Minds such as

http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/AiMind.html

in English over JavaScript and the Russian

http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/Dushka.html

also in JavaScript.

Mentifex (Arthur)

Mentifex

If it exists, presumably in the language
of the designer choice, why does it need
porting?

  BugBear

Wotan Supercomputer Strong AI in 64-bit Linux iForth
needs porting into Java and other mainstream languages
for the sake of AI evolution and The Singularity.

Mentifex (Arthur)

Arne Vajhøj

Call me biased, but I must say, having a whole page on the web with
citations from the pontifices of knowledge deriding one's name is quite
an impressive reference. Whoever that Mentifex guy is, may he make
strides in the pursuit of happiness.

I will not attempt to judge who is right and who is wrong.

But obviously these posts are part of something that has being
going on for a long time.

So we have been warned.

Arne

Daniele Futtorovic

I will not attempt to judge who is right and who is wrong.

But obviously these posts are part of something that has being
going on for a long time.

So we have been warned.

Indeed! :D

Andy Valencia

Patricia Shanahan said:
It does seem strange. I would have thought Forth would be a good choice
of language for some types of AI, and any porting would be to other
versions of Forth, not to such a very different language as Java.

I tried to use Forth in my own AI development. I tried really,
really hard. But it just leaves too much "cockpit workload" when
the actual application of itself requires more brain cells than I have.
What strengths Forth still posesses WRT the rest of the world are
down near embedded apps, not up in high level ones. IMHO.

Andy

Lew

Andy said:
I've done some large projects in Java, and found Java development to
be more like rigid old Fortran/C edit-compile-run development, even

Is that a bad thing?
with an IDE plus debugger. Python's easily the best fit.

For ...?

Java works great. C# works great. Python works great. Assembler works great.

Whatever.

FWIW, my opinion of Java is that it's just fine for AI, and its unique
idiomatic style is just that - an idiomatic style. Your dislike of it is
immaterial.

Arne Vajhøj

I've done some large projects in Java, and found Java development to
be more like rigid old Fortran/C edit-compile-run development, even
with an IDE plus debugger. Python's easily the best fit.

If you do not like a compile phase then Java is not
a language for you.

Arne