Need program written c or c+ for using the mouse in linux in command line mode only with no gpm or x

Discussion in 'C++' started by me, Sep 25, 2003.

  1. me

    me Guest

    I have been looking online for a year, and cant find one.
    I used to use the int86() command in dos command-line mode, but it can't
    work in linux.
    I am using Allegro to make my program work, but I need to put it on a
    floppy, both the kernal and the program.
    Allegro only works in X-windows, and is commericial anyway.
    I have tried to figure it out from allegros code, but its too spread out for
    me to get it all.

    I just need a small program to read the /dev/mouse file and return the
    mouses direction, button state, and its accelleration in any given
    direction.

    I can't see why I can't find it anywhere, doesn't anybody write code for
    linux's command line using the mouse anymore.

    I also don't want GPM installed either, just the command-line shell only,
    with mouse support compiled into the kernel.

    Please, if anybody know where I can find this, or has some really small code
    for this, please post it.

    I have tried reading the /dev/mouse file as a stream, and decoding the data,
    but its above me.

    Thanks.

    MacGyver

    me, Sep 25, 2003

  2. Re: Need program written c or c+ for using the mouse in linux incommand line mode only with no gpm or x-windows installed, Please Help!

    me wrote:
    > I have been looking online for a year,

    This is comp.lang.c++, not write.a.program.for.me. If you don't have a
    C++ language issue to discuss, you are in the wrong place.

    http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
    http://www.slack.net/~shiva/offtopic.txt

    -Kevin

    Kevin Goodsell, Sep 25, 2003