    i am a new member of this group
    can u please suggest me some projects

    thanx
    gopi, Apr 18, 2006

  2. gopi

    Ian Collins Guest

    gopi wrote:
    > Hi
    > everyone
    >
    > i am a new member of this group
    > can u please suggest me some projects
    >
    > thanx

    Learn how to spell 'you' and 'thanks'?

    There are several good examples of beginner projects posted here in the
    past week, have a look back through the group history.

    --
    Ian Collins.
    Ian Collins, Apr 18, 2006

  3. gopi

    fcvcnet Guest

    fcvcnet, Apr 19, 2006
  4. fcvcnet wrote:
    > A gift to you.
    > www.codeproject.com

    Please learn how to quote. And use an address that at least appears to
    be real.
    Andrew Poelstra, Apr 19, 2006
  5. gopi

    osmium Guest

    "Andrew Poelstra" writes:

    > fcvcnet wrote:
    >> A gift to you.
    >> www.codeproject.com
    >>

    > Please learn how to quote. And use an address that at least appears to be
    > real.

    I don't understand your complaint. What address are you speaking of? One
    looks real and the other one (the link) actually works. I didn't know the
    posters supposed address/URL/organization.whatever should look reasonable.
    I assume 99% of that stuff is just noise. Even if it looks like a real
    person's name I assume it is just a nym. There are a few exceptions, such
    as Richard Heathfield. Rule: Every good rule has exceptions. Is that a
    dichotomy?
    osmium, Apr 19, 2006
  6. gopi wrote:

    > Hi
    > everyone
    >
    > i am a new member of this group
    > can u please suggest me some projects
    >
    > thanx

    Given a filename containing a "standard" mailbox format file, find all
    shortcut words like "i", "u", and "thanx", and convert them to proper
    English. Correcting grammar and punctuation errors should be added to
    version 2 of your program.

    The translation should be run off another file containing these "fixes",
    and should be able to handle non-English text files as well.

    Don't e-mail me at: <mailto:>
    Kenneth Brody, Apr 19, 2006
  7. gopi

    CBFalconer Guest

    gopi wrote:

    > i am a new member of this group
    > can u please suggest me some projects
    >
    > thanx

    Reading a spelling book. It may explain that 'u' and 'thanx' are
    misspellings, and that the personal pronoun 'I' is always
    capitalized. Correct spelling greatly eases reading.

    --
    I hear the voices. G W Bush, 2006-04-18
    CBFalconer, Apr 19, 2006
  8. osmium opined:

    > "Andrew Poelstra" writes:
    >
    >> fcvcnet wrote:
    >>> A gift to you.
    >>> www.codeproject.com
    >>>

    >> Please learn how to quote. And use an address that at least appears
    >> to be real.

    > I don't understand your complaint. What address are you speaking of?
    > One
    > looks real and the other one (the link) actually works. I didn't
    > know the posters supposed address/URL/organization.whatever should
    > look reasonable.
    > I assume 99% of that stuff is just noise. Even if it looks like a
    > real
    > person's name I assume it is just a nym. There are a few exceptions,
    > such
    > as Richard Heathfield. Rule: Every good rule has exceptions. Is
    > that a dichotomy?

    I use real e-mail as well, as a few people have realised when they
    clicked the wrong link on Google. Created specifically for use in this
    newsgroup, though. ;-)

    Interestingly, AFAIR in the past few months I only received one or two
    spams to that address. It seems that harvesting Usenet has gone out of
    fashion.

    --
    Running Windows on a Pentium is like having a brand new Porsche but
    only be able to drive backwards with the handbrake on.

    Vladimir S. Oka, Apr 19, 2006