Ian Collins

gopi said:
Hi
everyone

i am a new member of this group
can u please suggest me some projects

thanx
Learn how to spell 'you' and 'thanks'?

There are several good examples of beginner projects posted here in the
past week, have a look back through the group history.

osmium

Andrew Poelstra said:
Please learn how to quote. And use an address that at least appears to be
real.

I don't understand your complaint. What address are you speaking of? One
looks real and the other one (the link) actually works. I didn't know the
posters supposed address/URL/organization.whatever should look reasonable.
I assume 99% of that stuff is just noise. Even if it looks like a real
person's name I assume it is just a nym. There are a few exceptions, such
as Richard Heathfield. Rule: Every good rule has exceptions. Is that a
dichotomy?

Kenneth Brody

gopi said:
Hi
everyone

i am a new member of this group
can u please suggest me some projects

thanx

Given a filename containing a "standard" mailbox format file, find all
shortcut words like "i", "u", and "thanx", and convert them to proper
English. Correcting grammar and punctuation errors should be added to
version 2 of your program.

The translation should be run off another file containing these "fixes",
and should be able to handle non-English text files as well.

CBFalconer

gopi said:
i am a new member of this group
can u please suggest me some projects

thanx

Reading a spelling book. It may explain that 'u' and 'thanx' are
misspellings, and that the personal pronoun 'I' is always
capitalized. Correct spelling greatly eases reading.

Vladimir S. Oka

osmium opined:
I don't understand your complaint. What address are you speaking of?
One
looks real and the other one (the link) actually works. I didn't
know the posters supposed address/URL/organization.whatever should
look reasonable.
I assume 99% of that stuff is just noise. Even if it looks like a
real
person's name I assume it is just a nym. There are a few exceptions,
such
as Richard Heathfield. Rule: Every good rule has exceptions. Is
that a dichotomy?

I use real e-mail as well, as a few people have realised when they
clicked the wrong link on Google. Created specifically for use in this
newsgroup, though. ;-)

Interestingly, AFAIR in the past few months I only received one or two
spams to that address. It seems that harvesting Usenet has gone out of
fashion.

--
Running Windows on a Pentium is like having a brand new Porsche but
only be able to drive backwards with the handbrake on.