need quick helpp

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Savas Ates, Jul 21, 2004.

  1. Savas Ates

    Savas Ates Guest

    i have an web page. it use frame set .. but main frame is one server the
    other frame is another server. when i want to set a cookie or session from
    child frame.. it doesnt work...

    i research the problem from msn
    i tried
    <%Response.Buffer = True
    response.AddHeader "CP","CAO PSA OUR"%>

    CAUSE
    Internet Explorer 6.0 introduced support for the Platform for Privacy
    Preferences (P3P) Project. The P3P standard notes that if a FRAMESET or a
    parent window references another site inside a FRAME or inside a child
    window, the child site is considered third party content. Internet Explorer,
    which uses the default privacy setting of Medium, silently rejects cookies
    sent from third party sites.
    RESOLUTION
    You can add a P3P compact policy header to your child content, and you can
    declare that no malicious actions are performed with the data of the user.
    If Internet Explorer detects a satisfactory policy, then Internet Explorer
    permits the cookie to be set.

    Visit the following MSDN Web site for a complete list of satisfactory and
    unsatisfactory policy codes:

    Privacy in Internet Explorer 6
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnpriv/html
    /ie6privacyfeature.asp

    A simple compact policy that fulfills this criteria follows:

    P3P: CP="CAO PSA OUR"

    This code sample shows that your site provides you access to your own
    contact information (CAO), that any analyzed data is only "pseudo-analyzed",
    which means that the data is connected to your online persona and not to
    your physical identity (PSA), and that your data is not supplied to any
    outside agencies for those agencies to use (OUR).

    You can set this header if you use the Response.AddHeader method in an ASP
    page. In ASP.NET, you can use the Response.AppendHeader method. You can use
    the IIS Management Snap-In (inetmgr) to add to a static file.

    and i dont have a permission in main frame and its server...

    Follow these steps to add this header to a static file:
    1.. Click Start, click Run, and then type inetmgr.
    2.. In the left navigation page, click the appropriate file or directory
    in your Web site to which you want to add the header, right-click the file,
    and then click Properties.
    3.. Click the HTTP Headers tab.
    4.. In the Custom HTTP Headers group box, click Add.
    5.. Type P3P for the header name, and then for the compact policy string,
    type CP=..., where "..." is the appropriate code for your compact policy.
    this will made in child server or main server?

    please help me quickly???
    Savas Ates, Jul 21, 2004

  2. Savas Ates

    John Guest

    That doens't work cross domain or you have to change setting in MSIE (extra,
    options, securty)
    John, Jul 21, 2004

  3. Savas Ates

    P whittaker Guest

    I have a similar problem with a cloaking site which is on a different server to the site it is calling. If the first site I go into when I log in is the cloaking site then the session cookies are blocked. If however I have been to the child site first before calling the cloaked site then everything works. I have set up a p3p policy for the child site but there isn't one for the cloaking site. I am desperate to know how I can get it to work if the first site that is called is the cloaking site.

    Thanks

    --
    Knutsford Software Ltd

    P whittaker, Jul 23, 2004
  4. Savas Ates

    Bã§TãRÐ Guest

    On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 07:21:02 -0700, "P whittaker"
    <> wrote:

    >I have a similar problem with a cloaking site which is on a different server to the site it is calling. If the first site I go into when I log in is the cloaking site then the session cookies are blocked. If however I have been to the child site first before calling the cloaked site then everything works. I have set up a p3p policy for the child site but there isn't one for the cloaking site. I am desperate to know how I can get it to work if the first site that is called is the cloaking site.
    >

    >Thanks

    If you are using sessions and SSL - sessions arent transfered to the
    other server without using server-side session token, eg:
    www.mysite.com?sessionID=123

    OR

    I stumbled across this script the other day looking for a similar
    solution to the issue I was having. It may help you.

    http://www.tele-pro.co.uk/scripts/xsess/

    Good Luck
    - Bastard
    Bã§TãRÐ, Jul 27, 2004
  5. Savas Ates

    Bã§TãRÐ Guest

    What sort of cloaking software are you using?

    - Bastard

    Bã§TãRÐ, Jul 28, 2004