Need RadioButton belong to 2 GroupNames!

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Amelyan, Jun 14, 2005.

  1. Amelyan

    Amelyan Guest

    When we want radio button to belong to a group name we say,
    radio1.GroupName="GroupA". In this case, radio1 will be unselected if
    another radio button is selected in "GroupA".

    Is there a way (trick, or javascript) to make radio button (radio1) belong
    to 2 independent radio button groups instead of one? This would be an
    equivalent of sayting something like
    radio1.GroupName1 = "GroupA";
    radio1.GroupName2 = "GroupB";

    Hence, whenever radio button is selected in one of the two groups, radio1 is
    unselected. Also, I need a non-postBack solution.

    Thanks,
    Amelyan

    PS> Example of what I need to accomplish:

    Imagine that you have a matrix/grid of radio buttons with, for examle,
    3 rows and 3 columns.

    O O O
    O O O
    O O O

    When you check a radio button in this matrix, you don't want anything
    else selected in the same row or column. One neat way to accomplish
    this is if there was a way to have radio button belong to two groups,
    e.g. "Row2" and "Column2".

    Amelyan, Jun 14, 2005