Need Raw Tile Data of Tiled Tiff

Douglas at AI

I am trying to replace a 'C' image server with a Java version and am
having trouble extracting the raw tiles from a tiff image. I originally
tried using TIFF_TILE_OFFSETS to get the physical locations from the
TiffDirectory but have found that one series of scanners I need to
handle has not properly supplied this information.

I am able to get the tiles with my old 'C' server using the tifflib's
TIFFReadRawTile and the index.

Does anyone know of another way to locate the tiles?

Thanks

Douglas Dillon

Andrey Kuznetsov

I am trying to replace a 'C' image server with a Java version and am
having trouble extracting the raw tiles from a tiff image. I originally
tried using TIFF_TILE_OFFSETS to get the physical locations from the
TiffDirectory but have found that one series of scanners I need to
handle has not properly supplied this information.

It is also possible that your tiff is not tiled,
in this case you need row offsets instead of tile offsets.
You can get some info about tiff images with TiFFTeST:
http://reader.imagero.com/download/TiFFTeST.jar
Does anyone know of another way to locate the tiles?
with ImageroReader (http://reader.imagero.com) you can read any tiff
metadata - inclusive tile/row offsets.

Andrey