    commercial and non-commercial VM's. Thanks very much for
    any information.

    Robert Dodier
    Robert Dodier, Oct 2, 2007

  2. Robert Dodier

    Daniel Pitts Guest

    On Oct 1, 4:41 pm, Robert Dodier <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am looking for recommendations for a JVM to run on an ARM cpu.
    > I have tried JamVM + Classpath but that combo is flakey
    > so I am considering a replacement. I am willing to consider both
    > commercial and non-commercial VM's. Thanks very much for
    > any information.
    >
    > Robert Dodier

    I would see what suns site says about the matter. look for Java ME
    (Micro Edition).
    Daniel Pitts, Oct 2, 2007

  3. Robert Dodier

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Mon, 01 Oct 2007 23:41:06 -0000, Robert Dodier
    who said :

    >I am looking for recommendations for a JVM to run on an ARM cpu.
    >I have tried JamVM + Classpath but that combo is flakey
    >so I am considering a replacement. I am willing to consider both
    >commercial and non-commercial VM's. Thanks very much for
    >any information.

    see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jvm.html
    and chase the links to Marco Schmidt's various lists.
    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    The Java Glossary
    Roedy Green, Oct 2, 2007
  4. Robert Dodier

    Rbrt Guest

    On Oct 2, 5:34 am, Roedy Green <>
    wrote:
    > On Mon, 01 Oct 2007 23:41:06 -0000, Robert Dodier
    > who said :
    >
    > >I am looking for recommendations for a JVM to run on an ARM cpu.
    > >I have tried JamVM + Classpath but that combo is flakey
    > >so I am considering a replacement. I am willing to consider both
    > >commercial and non-commercial VM's. Thanks very much for
    > >any information.

    > seehttp://mindprod.com/jgloss/jvm.html
    > and chase the links to Marco Schmidt's various lists.
    > --
    > Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    > The Java Glossaryhttp://mindprod.com

    I am facing exactly the same problem at the moment on my Viper ARM
    board (see http://www.arcom.com/pc104-xscale-viper.htm).
    I have tried JamVM + Classpath and rxtx and had all kinds of trouble
    with it (freeze etc.). Here the thread:
    http://lists.arm.linux.org.uk/pipermail/linux-arm/2007-September/013595.html

    I then decided to go with IBM J9 VM as that one is recommended by
    arcom, but unfortunately the last available build from Arcom is just
    Java 1.3 conform. I at least would need java 1.4 better 1.5. But they
    are currently working on a new build for the ARM board so that should
    be available soon.

    I would be intrested to here about your problems with JamVM and what
    alternatives you consider.
    Rbrt, Oct 2, 2007
  5. I put ibm's j9 jvm and midlet on an Asus xscale, Ran the hello.jad/jar ok so
    far. Need to register w/IBM. Search J9 IBM JAva.
    Good Luck Dennis

    Dennis A. Vitali, Oct 2, 2007