Need recommendation of C library reference book .

PCHOME

Hi!
I have a Waite Group Turbo C++ bilble(1990) ISBN 0-672-22742-8.
I like it because it gives me examples of most of C library I may use.
But that book is a little bit old. Does anyone know any newer C book
similar to that one? A newer C book which is a good reference guide
for C library?
It seems Waite Group does not have new version of that C/C++ bilble.

Thanks!

Bilgehan.Balban

PCHOME said:
Hi!
I have a Waite Group Turbo C++ bilble(1990) ISBN 0-672-22742-8.
I like it because it gives me examples of most of C library I may use.
But that book is a little bit old. Does anyone know any newer C book
similar to that one? A newer C book which is a good reference guide
for C library?
It seems Waite Group does not have new version of that C/C++ bilble.

Thanks!

A C Reference Manual, Harbison and Steele, 5th Edition is simply the
best one you can buy.

Bahadir

Paul Mesken

Hi!
I have a Waite Group Turbo C++ bilble(1990) ISBN 0-672-22742-8.
I like it because it gives me examples of most of C library I may use.
But that book is a little bit old. Does anyone know any newer C book
similar to that one? A newer C book which is a good reference guide
for C library?
It seems Waite Group does not have new version of that C/C++ bilble.

Thanks!

I like P.J. Plauger's book "Standard C Library". It's from 1991,
perhaps there will be a 2nd edition with the new Standard and all.

James Daughtry

How about the C standard? You really can't get a better reference than
that. ;) It's available as a PDF or hardcopy from ANSI, and Wiley has
published it as well. In order of cost, the PDF is the best value, then
the Wiley book, then the official hardcopy.