need remote_user servervariable

Cas

Hi,

I have an intranet application running on windows 2000 server with IIS 5.0,
but there is no domain. The users use workstation windows 2000 and log on
locally. I need the logon of the users of our LAN in the application, so i
did:
lo=request.servervariables("remote_user"), but it's empty.
I tried all of them with this:
<% for each a in request.servervariables %>
<% = a %>
<% response.write(" ") %>
<% response.write(request.servervariables(a)) %>
<%next%>

and i saw that 'logon_user' also was empty.

Must there be a domain defined and must the users logs on that domain in
order to use 'remote_user' or 'logon_user'?

Thanks again
Cas

Steven Burn

Change

lo=request.servervariables("remote_user")

lo=request.servervariables("REMOTE_ADDR")

--

Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

Cas

Hi,

thanks for replying, but
request.servervariables("REMOTE_ADDR") gives the local IP of that computer
and not the logon of the user...

Rob Collyer

Change

lo=request.servervariables("remote_user")

lo=request.servervariables("REMOTE_ADDR")

--

Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

Even better....

Set up an account for each user on the webserver....
next, disable anonymous access...

Then, when you hit the site, it wants a user / pass!

Cas

Thanks

Rob Collyer said:
Even better....

Set up an account for each user on the webserver....
next, disable anonymous access...

Then, when you hit the site, it wants a user / pass!

--
Robert Collyer
www.webforumz.com