Need Schema help, pls. TIA!!!

Discussion in 'XML' started by eslacker, Aug 7, 2003.

  1. eslacker

    eslacker Guest

    Hello. I have a simple XML file that I need a bit of help with. I
    just need help tweaking my schema to be accurate. I have a start, but
    I'm guessing it's not the best/standard approach (i.e. I think my
    schema is wrong). It validates in DW and IE, but Flash is choking on
    it. Here it is...

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE country [
    <!ELEMENT country (state)>
    <!ATTLIST country
    name NMTOKEN #REQUIRED
    lang NMTOKEN #REQUIRED>
    <!ELEMENT state (city)>
    <!ATTLIST state
    name NMTOKEN #REQUIRED
    stateURL NMTOKEN #REQUIRED>
    <!ELEMENT city EMPTY>
    <!ATTLIST city
    name NMTOKEN #REQUIRED
    comment CDATA #REQUIRED
    population NMTOKEN #REQUIRED>
    ]>
    <country name="US" lang="English">
    <state name="Texas" stateURL="http://www.state.tx.us">
    <city name="Austin" comment="This is any valid
    &lt;b&gt;HTML&lt;/b&gt;." population="800000"/>
    <city name="San Antonio" comment="This is any valid
    &lt;b&gt;HTML&lt;/b&gt;." population="1221000"/>
    </state>
    </country>

    The structure is set (i.e. Flash is expecting this structure), but
    please help me correct the schema.

    Thanks!

    -Jei.

    eslacker, Aug 7, 2003