    objective of the site ;-)

    it's a tool to build websites for free for the beginner user <grin>

    Thanks!
    Tellor, Oct 12, 2007

  2. Tellor wrote:

    > Could I use a few minutes from some experts to critique my newest
    > site?
    >
    > On the design only please; do not bury me with insults about the
    > objective of the site ;-)

    Did you think the response to one of your other multi-posts was an
    insult?

    This page is not Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional!
    Result: Failed validation, 271 Errors

    > it's a tool to build websites for free for the beginner user <grin>

    Should such a tool teach beginners to build pages with 271 errors? I
    think not. Besides, your page is hard to read, with the low-contrast
    gray on white text, and microfonts.

    Stuff like this:
    Works totally on Javascript and html; Ajax is in the works, no need to
    worry about Applets or ActiveX being used.</p>

    ...should be marked up as headings and paragraphs, or a list.

    See this, too:

    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 12, 2007

  3. On Oct 12, 2:00 pm, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
    <> wrote:
    > This page is not Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional!
    > Result: Failed validation, 271 Errors
    > > it's a tool to build websites for free for the beginner user <grin>

    > Should such a tool teach beginners to build pages with 271 errors? I
    > think not. Besides, your page is hard to read, with the low-contrast
    > gray on white text, and microfonts.

    Hmmmmm how many errors with they get if they use Word or Front page to
    make their site? Could this not be the lesser of two evils?
    Travis Newbury, Oct 12, 2007
  4. Tellor

    Neredbojias Guest

    Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Fri, 12 Oct 2007 17:39:50 GMT
    Tellor scribed:

    > Could I use a few minutes from some experts to critique my newest
    > site?
    >
    > http://www.officialsitebuilder.com/
    >
    > On the design only please; do not bury me with insults about the
    > objective of the site ;-)
    >
    > it's a tool to build websites for free for the beginner user <grin>

    Gee, it's too bad you have so many errors because what I see looks good,
    and it seems to work good (home page), but that really isn't enough.

    Advice: dump the xhtml and use html 4.01 strict.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Neredbojias, Oct 12, 2007
  5. Tellor

    G Guest

    Neredbojias wrote:
    > Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Fri, 12 Oct 2007
    > 17:39:50 GMT Tellor scribed:
    >
    >> Could I use a few minutes from some experts to critique my newest
    >> site?
    >>
    >> http://www.officialsitebuilder.com/
    >>
    >> On the design only please; do not bury me with insults about the
    >> objective of the site ;-)
    >>
    >> it's a tool to build websites for free for the beginner user <grin>

    > Gee, it's too bad you have so many errors because what I see looks
    > good, and it seems to work good (home page), but that really isn't
    > enough.

    ;)
    If their own doesn't even come close, I wonder how user generated stuff
    comes out. ;)

    I really like this part.

    ? Can I see a demo of what can be done using your services?
    Please signup with the site and just login using your username and password
    to use all facilities provided by this site. You will be able to get
    familiar with the tool. Do not be intimidated if you don't seem to
    understand what you should do; we've all been there. Ask the community here.

    Links to :

    Name:ADMINISTRATOR ()
    Date:Sat 06 Oct 2007 11:13:05 PM EDT
    Subject:SUPPORT
    THE TOOL IS FREE. UNFORTUNATELY WE ARE NOT IN THE POSITION TO SUPPORT YOU.
    THERE ARE HUNDREDS OS USERS; WE COULDNT REALLY DO IT...

    IF YOU NEED TO KNOW WHERE TO CLICK, HOW TO DO THIS OR THAT YOU'LL HAVE TO
    RELY ON THE SUPPORT FROM THE COMMUNITY.

    PEOPLE LIKE YOU HAVE GONE THROUGH THIS BEFORE AND THEY WILL BE ABLE TO HELP.

    SHOULD YOU NEED ANYTHING DONE FROM US WE'LL HAVE TO CHARGE A NOMINAL FEE OF
    $50 PER HOUR.
    G, Oct 12, 2007
  6. Tellor

    Neredbojias Guest

    Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Fri, 12 Oct 2007 20:44:38
    GMT G scribed:

    >>> Could I use a few minutes from some experts to critique my newest
    >>> site?
    >>>
    >>> http://www.officialsitebuilder.com/
    >>>
    >>> On the design only please; do not bury me with insults about the
    >>> objective of the site ;-)
    >>>
    >>> it's a tool to build websites for free for the beginner user <grin>

    >> Gee, it's too bad you have so many errors because what I see looks
    >> good, and it seems to work good (home page), but that really isn't
    >> enough.

    > ;)
    > If their own doesn't even come close, I wonder how user generated
    > stuff comes out. ;)

    That's why "how it works" isn't a sufficient measure of proficiency.

    > I really like this part.
    >
    > ? Can I see a demo of what can be done using your services?
    > Please signup with the site and just login using your username and
    > password to use all facilities provided by this site. You will be able
    > to get familiar with the tool. Do not be intimidated if you don't seem
    > to understand what you should do; we've all been there. Ask the
    > community here.
    >
    > Links to :
    >
    > Name:ADMINISTRATOR ()
    > Date:Sat 06 Oct 2007 11:13:05 PM EDT
    > Subject:SUPPORT
    > THE TOOL IS FREE. UNFORTUNATELY WE ARE NOT IN THE POSITION TO SUPPORT
    > YOU. THERE ARE HUNDREDS OS USERS; WE COULDNT REALLY DO IT...
    >
    > IF YOU NEED TO KNOW WHERE TO CLICK, HOW TO DO THIS OR THAT YOU'LL HAVE
    > TO RELY ON THE SUPPORT FROM THE COMMUNITY.
    >
    > PEOPLE LIKE YOU HAVE GONE THROUGH THIS BEFORE AND THEY WILL BE ABLE TO
    > HELP.
    >
    > SHOULD YOU NEED ANYTHING DONE FROM US WE'LL HAVE TO CHARGE A NOMINAL
    > FEE OF $50 PER HOUR.

    Ah, maybe that's the "deal". -Pick up some 50s here and there from the
    novices who get "tied up in their underwear" trying to make their page
    "go". Also, encouraging people to "enlist" under the auspices of a demo-
    request is rather dubious advice methinks.

    In any event, the markup should definitely be standards-correct when
    "offering public services" - particularly in the manner they chose to do
    so.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Neredbojias, Oct 13, 2007