    public static void main(String[] args)
    {
    System.out.println("hello, world");

    Aryeh M. Friedman, Mar 17, 2013

  2. Aryeh M. Friedman

    Joerg Meier Guest

    On Sat, 16 Mar 2013 23:35:56 -0700 (PDT), Aryeh M. Friedman wrote:

    > I have a JNLP file that is buggy (long story so don't ask) and I want to start fresh... to that end can someone send me a "hello, world" (downloads and starts via webstart [itweb-javaws for me] and prints to the command line "hello, world") using the simplest possible jnlp to call it... feel free to use the below version if you want:

    Try typing "Webstart tutorial" into Google.

    Liebe Gruesse,
    Joerg

    ungelesen.

    Joerg Meier, Mar 17, 2013

  3. Aryeh M. Friedman

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    On 3/17/2013 2:35 AM, Aryeh M. Friedman wrote:
    > I have a JNLP file that is buggy (long story so don't ask) and I
    > wantto start fresh... to that end can someone send me a "hello, world"
    > (downloads and starts via webstart [itweb-javaws for me] and prints to
    > the command line "hello, world") using the simplest possible jnlp to
    > call it... feel free to use the below version if you want:
    >
    > public class HelloWorld
    > {
    > public static void main(String[] args)
    > {
    > System.out.println("hello, world");

    The JNLP is very simple.

    Something like:

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <jnlp href="hello.jnlp">
    <information>
    <title>Console app JNLP demo</title>
    <vendor>Arne</vendor>
    </information>
    <resources>
    <j2se version="1.6+"
    href="http://java.sun.com/products/autodl/j2se" />
    <jar href="hello.jar" main="true" />
    </resources>
    <application-desc name="JNLP demo" main-class="HelloWorld">
    </application-desc>
    </jnlp>

    But console apps and JNLP are not that good a combo.

    You will need to change config to show Java console to actually
    see the output from System.out.println.

    Arne

    Arne Vajhøj, Mar 17, 2013
  4. Aryeh M. Friedman

    Roedy Green Guest

    who said :

    >I have a JNLP file that is buggy (long story so don't ask) and I want to st=
    >art fresh... to that end can someone send me a "hello, world" (downloads an=
    >d starts via webstart [itweb-javaws for me] and prints to the command line =
    >"hello, world") using the simplest possible jnlp to call it... feel free to=
    > use the below version if you want:

    see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jnlp.html
    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/javawebstar.html
    The computer programmer is a creator of universes for which he alone
    is the lawgiver. No playwright, no stage director, no emperor, however
    powerful, has ever exercised such absolute authority to arrange a stage
    or a field of battle and to command such unswervingly dutiful actors or
    troops.
    ~ Joseph Weizenbaum (born: 1923-01-08 died: 2008-03-05 at age: 85)

    Roedy Green, Mar 17, 2013
  5. Aryeh M. Friedman

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Sun, 17 Mar 2013 10:20:57 -0700, Roedy Green
    <> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted

    oops http://mindprod.com/jgloss/javawebstart.html

    Roedy Green, Mar 17, 2013