need skeleton for jnlp file

Aryeh M. Friedman

I have a JNLP file that is buggy (long story so don't ask) and I want to start fresh... to that end can someone send me a "hello, world" (downloads and starts via webstart [itweb-javaws for me] and prints to the command line "hello, world") using the simplest possible jnlp to call it... feel free touse the below version if you want:

public class HelloWorld
{
public static void main(String[] args)
{
System.out.println("hello, world");

Joerg Meier

I have a JNLP file that is buggy (long story so don't ask) and I want to start fresh... to that end can someone send me a "hello, world" (downloads and starts via webstart [itweb-javaws for me] and prints to the command line "hello, world") using the simplest possible jnlp to call it... feel free to use the below version if you want:

Try typing "Webstart tutorial" into Google.

Liebe Gruesse,
Joerg

Arne Vajhøj

I have a JNLP file that is buggy (long story so don't ask) and I
wantto start fresh... to that end can someone send me a "hello, world"
(downloads and starts via webstart [itweb-javaws for me] and prints to
the command line "hello, world") using the simplest possible jnlp to
call it... feel free to use the below version if you want:

public class HelloWorld
{
public static void main(String[] args)
{
System.out.println("hello, world");

The JNLP is very simple.

Something like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<jnlp href="hello.jnlp">
<information>
<title>Console app JNLP demo</title>
<vendor>Arne</vendor>
</information>
<resources>
<j2se version="1.6+"
href="http://java.sun.com/products/autodl/j2se" />
<jar href="hello.jar" main="true" />
</resources>
<application-desc name="JNLP demo" main-class="HelloWorld">
</application-desc>
</jnlp>

But console apps and JNLP are not that good a combo.

You will need to change config to show Java console to actually
see the output from System.out.println.

Arne

Roedy Green

I have a JNLP file that is buggy (long story so don't ask) and I want to st=
art fresh... to that end can someone send me a "hello, world" (downloads an=
d starts via webstart [itweb-javaws for me] and prints to the command line =
"hello, world") using the simplest possible jnlp to call it... feel free to=
use the below version if you want:

see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jnlp.html
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/javawebstar.html
The computer programmer is a creator of universes for which he alone
is the lawgiver. No playwright, no stage director, no emperor, however
powerful, has ever exercised such absolute authority to arrange a stage
or a field of battle and to command such unswervingly dutiful actors or
troops.
~ Joseph Weizenbaum (born: 1923-01-08 died: 2008-03-05 at age: 85)

Roedy Green

oops http://mindprod.com/jgloss/javawebstart.html