Need some advise

Andrew S.

I am helping my friends band put there web page together they want to use a
few short video and sound clips but there web host won't allow streaming
video. Any thoughts about this?

Owen Jacobson

Andrew said:
I am helping my friends band put there web page together they want to
use a few short video and sound clips but there web host won't allow
streaming video. Any thoughts about this?

Put the files on the server and link to them in the normal way:

However be aware that the reason your host doesn't handle streaming is
due to the rather large size of most video files.

Cheers
Owen

Headless

Andrew said:
I am helping my friends band put there web page together they want to use a
few short video and sound clips but there web host won't allow streaming
video. Any thoughts about this?

Your web host has no control over this, use redirector files to initiate
streaming:

http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie/streaming.htm (warning: site under
construction, information is incomplete and occasionally incorrect).

Headless

Chris Morris

Andrew S. said:
I am helping my friends band put there web page together they want to use a
few short video and sound clips but there web host won't allow streaming
video. Any thoughts about this?

Will download and (user's choice) play the video using the application
most suited to it on the user's machine (if any, if not it was never
going to work anyway). Depending on the application and the format,
it might be able to start playing before the download is complete.