    I am helping my friends band put there web page together they want to use a
    few short video and sound clips but there web host won't allow streaming
    video. Any thoughts about this?
    Andrew S., Sep 4, 2003

  2. Andrew S. wrote:

    > I am helping my friends band put there web page together they want to
    > use a few short video and sound clips but there web host won't allow
    > streaming video. Any thoughts about this?

    Put the files on the server and link to them in the normal way:

    However be aware that the reason your host doesn't handle streaming is
    due to the rather large size of most video files.

    Cheers
    Owen
    Owen Jacobson, Sep 4, 2003

  3. Andrew S.

    Headless Guest

    Andrew S. wrote:

    >I am helping my friends band put there web page together they want to use a
    >few short video and sound clips but there web host won't allow streaming
    >video. Any thoughts about this?

    Your web host has no control over this, use redirector files to initiate
    streaming:

    http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie/streaming.htm (warning: site under
    construction, information is incomplete and occasionally incorrect).

    Headless

    --
    Email and usenet filter list: http://www.headless.dna.ie/usenet.htm
    Headless, Sep 4, 2003
  4. Andrew S.

    Chris Morris Guest

    "Andrew S." <> writes:
    > I am helping my friends band put there web page together they want to use a
    > few short video and sound clips but there web host won't allow streaming
    > video. Any thoughts about this?

    Will download and (user's choice) play the video using the application
    most suited to it on the user's machine (if any, if not it was never
    going to work anyway). Depending on the application and the format,
    it might be able to start playing before the download is complete.

    --
    Chris
    Chris Morris, Sep 4, 2003