Need some help fixing some HTML and CSS problems

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Domino, Nov 5, 2006.

  1. Domino

    Domino Guest

    http://www.wrestlerratings.34sp.com/design2/newdesign/

    Regarding the above web page, can anyone help me fix the below errors:

    In Internet Explorer 7, when the mouse is over the 'Home' link, the entire
    horizonal menu moves up a little.

    In FireFox and Opera, the horizonal menu's background ends after the 'Links'
    link, whereas in Internet Explorer 7 the background continues to the end of
    the division. I want it to continue to the end of the division in FireFox
    and Opera.

    In Opera, whenever I put my cursor over a link the entire site gets smaller
    and larger for a brief second - weird.

    Thanks,

    Domino.
    Domino, Nov 5, 2006

  2. Domino

    Domino Guest

    "Domino" wrote
    > http://www.wrestlerratings.34sp.com/design2/newdesign/

    > In Internet Explorer 7, when the mouse is over the 'Home' link, the entire
    > horizonal menu moves up a little.

    fixed this.

    > In FireFox and Opera, the horizonal menu's background ends after the
    > 'Links' link, whereas in Internet Explorer 7 the background continues to
    > the end of the division. I want it to continue to the end of the division
    > in FireFox and Opera.

    still need help fixing this.

    Domino, Nov 5, 2006

  3. Domino

    Domino Guest

    >> In FireFox and Opera, the horizonal menu's background ends after the
    >> 'Links' link, whereas in Internet Explorer 7 the background continues to
    >> the end of the division. I want it to continue to the end of the division
    >> in FireFox and Opera.

    Ok fixed this now. Ignore this thread.
    Domino, Nov 5, 2006
  4. Domino

    dorayme Guest

    In article <o2r3h.168466$>,
    "Domino" <> wrote:

    > >> In FireFox and Opera, the horizonal menu's background ends after the
    > >> 'Links' link, whereas in Internet Explorer 7 the background continues to
    > >> the end of the division. I want it to continue to the end of the division
    > >> in FireFox and Opera.

    > Ok fixed this now. Ignore this thread.

    You can see from this thread how effective it is to post to
    alt.html...

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Nov 5, 2006
  5. Scripsit dorayme:

    > You can see from this thread how effective it is to post to
    > alt.html...

    Indeed. From a posting style consisting of a description of one's problems
    and later comments that just tell they were solved, with no hint of _how_
    they were solved, indicates willingness to use the group as a helpdesk and
    lack of interest in posting things that others might benefit from.

    So it's a somewhat longish but effective way of spelling "plonk me!"

    --
    Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
    http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/
    Jukka K. Korpela, Nov 5, 2006
  6. Domino

    dorayme Guest

    In article <gUs3h.46150$>,
    "Jukka K. Korpela" <> wrote:

    > Scripsit dorayme:
    >
    > > You can see from this thread how effective it is to post to
    > > alt.html...

    > Indeed. From a posting style consisting of a description of one's problems
    > and later comments that just tell they were solved, with no hint of _how_
    > they were solved, indicates willingness to use the group as a helpdesk and
    > lack of interest in posting things that others might benefit from.
    >
    > So it's a somewhat longish but effective way of spelling "plonk me!"

    Perhaps. But there is another view one can take: OP was being
    merciful in not going into it. Is that not to be encouraged?

    <g>

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Nov 5, 2006