Need some help / guidence :) VHDL/Spartan 3E

Joined
Mar 4, 2010
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hello,

I am a real noob in Spartan 3E and a beginner/intermediate in VHDL. I have 3 months to finish the following project :

Digital oscilloscope
• Design in VHDL
• Communication with the computer through the USB interface
• Signals displayed on the computer screen
• Implementation on the Spartan-3E board

I dont know any sites / papers on the subject so if any of you can give me some directions as in what sites/papers/implementations would set me on the right track or have any suggestions/ideas on the matter I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Last edited:
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
88
Reaction score
0
I suggest starting with the Xilinx site for lots of good documentation, and downloading the lastest version of ISE for on-line examples (check out the Language Templates).

If you can spend $50 on the project I suggest you purchase a CoolRunner II Design kit, just because it contains a book called the Programmable Logic Guide dated November 2003 (maybe you can find a copy on-line). This book has some very good tutorials and examples that take you through some great starter projects.