Need some help...

Jim

My website is a very very simple one with text, some pics and some links,
but I have a problem which annoys me.

Say my site was www.joebloggs.com (index.html), and I have some link to say
www.pbase.com/joebloggs , the link will indeed go to www.pbase.com/joebloggs
and open the site, but the browser still says it's looking at
www.joebloggs.com .
When I click the 'refresh' button in IE5, instead of refreshing the
www.pbase.com/joebloggs site, it goes back to the original www.joebloggs.com
site.

Anyone know how I can sort this?

Cheers.
Jim.

Harlan Messinger

Jim said:
My website is a very very simple one with text, some pics and some links,
but I have a problem which annoys me.

Say my site was www.joebloggs.com (index.html), and I have some link to say
www.pbase.com/joebloggs , the link will indeed go to www.pbase.com/joebloggs
and open the site, but the browser still says it's looking at
www.joebloggs.com .

Sounds like you're using frames. When you click the link, it loads the
new page into the frame, not directly into the browser. The frame
container remains the same.

dorayme

"Jim said:
My website is a very very simple one with text, some pics and some links,
but I have a problem which annoys me.

Say my site was www.joebloggs.com (index.html), and I have some link to say
www.pbase.com/joebloggs , the link will indeed go to www.pbase.com/joebloggs
and open the site, but the browser still says it's looking at
www.joebloggs.com .
When I click the 'refresh' button in IE5, instead of refreshing the
www.pbase.com/joebloggs site, it goes back to the original www.joebloggs.com
site.

Anyone know how I can sort this?

Cheers.
Jim.

Does this happen only in IE5 and is this the Windows or Mac IE5?
Are you using frames?

Jim

dorayme said:
Does this happen only in IE5 and is this the Windows or Mac IE5?
Are you using frames?

Hi, I don't use frames, and the browser is Windows IE5, but it does this in
other verions and Firefox too.

Jim.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Jim said:
My website is a very very simple one with text, some pics and some
links, but I have a problem which annoys me.

Say my site was www.joebloggs.com (index.html),

There is something wrong with your site. After waiting for content for
over two minutes (on my 10Mbps cable), ( www.joebloggs.com responded as
http://www.joebloggs.com/index.asp ) it finally responded with:

Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0113'

Script timed out

/index.asp

The maximum amount of time for a script to execute was exceeded. You can
change this limit by specifying a new value for the property
Server.ScriptTimeout or by changing the value in the IIS administration
tools.

When actually using the link http://www.joebloggs.com/index.html
the server only sends raw source and the browser(s) won't interpret it.
Anyone know how I can sort this?

Not until we can see the first site.