    Anyone know how I can sort this?

    Cheers.
    Jim.

    Jim, Jan 9, 2008

  2. Jim wrote:
    > My website is a very very simple one with text, some pics and some links,
    > but I have a problem which annoys me.
    >
    > Say my site was www.joebloggs.com (index.html), and I have some link to say
    > www.pbase.com/joebloggs , the link will indeed go to www.pbase.com/joebloggs
    > and open the site, but the browser still says it's looking at
    > www.joebloggs.com .

    Sounds like you're using frames. When you click the link, it loads the
    new page into the frame, not directly into the browser. The frame
    container remains the same.

    Harlan Messinger, Jan 9, 2008

  3. Jim

    dorayme Guest

    In article <SQ9hj.141700$>,
    "Jim" <> wrote:

    > My website is a very very simple one with text, some pics and some links,
    > but I have a problem which annoys me.
    >
    > Say my site was www.joebloggs.com (index.html), and I have some link to say
    > www.pbase.com/joebloggs , the link will indeed go to www.pbase.com/joebloggs
    > and open the site, but the browser still says it's looking at
    > www.joebloggs.com .
    > When I click the 'refresh' button in IE5, instead of refreshing the
    > www.pbase.com/joebloggs site, it goes back to the original www.joebloggs.com
    > site.
    >
    > Anyone know how I can sort this?
    >
    > Cheers.
    > Jim.

    Does this happen only in IE5 and is this the Windows or Mac IE5?
    Are you using frames?

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Jan 9, 2008
  4. Jim

    Jim Guest

    "dorayme" <> wrote in message
    > In article <SQ9hj.141700$>,
    > "Jim" <> wrote:
    >
    >> My website is a very very simple one with text, some pics and some links,
    >> but I have a problem which annoys me.
    >>
    >> Say my site was www.joebloggs.com (index.html), and I have some link to
    >> say
    >> www.pbase.com/joebloggs , the link will indeed go to
    >> www.pbase.com/joebloggs
    >> and open the site, but the browser still says it's looking at
    >> www.joebloggs.com .
    >> When I click the 'refresh' button in IE5, instead of refreshing the
    >> www.pbase.com/joebloggs site, it goes back to the original
    >> www.joebloggs.com
    >> site.
    >>
    >> Anyone know how I can sort this?
    >>
    >> Cheers.
    >> Jim.

    > Does this happen only in IE5 and is this the Windows or Mac IE5?
    > Are you using frames?
    >
    > --
    > dorayme

    Hi, I don't use frames, and the browser is Windows IE5, but it does this in
    other verions and Firefox too.

    Jim.

    Jim, Jan 9, 2008
  5. Jim wrote:

    > My website is a very very simple one with text, some pics and some
    > links, but I have a problem which annoys me.
    >
    > Say my site was www.joebloggs.com (index.html),

    There is something wrong with your site. After waiting for content for
    over two minutes (on my 10Mbps cable), ( www.joebloggs.com responded as
    http://www.joebloggs.com/index.asp ) it finally responded with:

    Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0113'

    Script timed out

    /index.asp

    The maximum amount of time for a script to execute was exceeded. You can
    change this limit by specifying a new value for the property
    Server.ScriptTimeout or by changing the value in the IIS administration
    tools.

    When actually using the link http://www.joebloggs.com/index.html
    the server only sends raw source and the browser(s) won't interpret it.

    > Anyone know how I can sort this?

    Not until we can see the first site.

    --
    -bts