    For free. I'm needing someone to volunteer to help me with my website. and
    Make it look better. I don't have much money right now. my website is
    www.searcydigest.com If you want to look at it. Thanks in advance.

    pfancy, Jan 24, 2005

  2. pfancy

    Karl Core Guest

    "pfancy" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > For free. I'm needing someone to volunteer to help me with my website.
    > and
    > Make it look better. I don't have much money right now. my website is
    > www.searcydigest.com If you want to look at it. Thanks in advance.

    I need someone to rebuild the transmission in my truck. Will you do it for
    free?

    --
    -Karl Core
    Please Support "Project Boneyard":

    Karl Core, Jan 24, 2005

  3. "pfancy" <> wrote in message
    > For free. I'm needing someone to volunteer to help me with my website.
    > and
    > Make it look better. I don't have much money right now. my website is
    > www.searcydigest.com If you want to look at it. Thanks in advance.

    Tell you what, we can trade services. I need approximately 15,000 items
    manually typed into a database system. You do that for me, and I'll have
    one of our designers whip up a new design.

    Email me for details.

    --Tina
    --
    http://www.AffordableHOST.com - Multi-Domain & Reseller Cpanel Hosting
    http://www.AxisHost.com - High bandwidth Cpanel Hosting

    Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc., Jan 24, 2005
  4. Karl Core wrote:
    > "pfancy" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>For free. I'm needing someone to volunteer to help me with my website.
    >>and
    >>Make it look better. I don't have much money right now. my website is
    >>www.searcydigest.com If you want to look at it. Thanks in advance.
    >>

    > I need someone to rebuild the transmission in my truck. Will you do it for
    > free?

    Hey, sure. I'll bring the duct tape if you bring the beer.

    Matthias
    --
    Swiss Blogs:
    http://www.blog.ch/

    Matthias Gutfeldt, Jan 24, 2005
  5. Karl Core wrote:
    > I need someone to rebuild the transmission in my truck. Will you do

    it for
    > free?

    I will. But thre are no guarentees it will ever run again...
    --
    -=tn=-

    Travis Newbury, Jan 24, 2005
  6. pfancy

    pfancy Guest

    "Karl Core" <> wrote in message

    > "pfancy" <> wrote in message
    > > For free. I'm needing someone to volunteer to help me with my website.
    > > and
    > > Make it look better. I don't have much money right now. my website is
    > > www.searcydigest.com If you want to look at it. Thanks in advance.
    > >

    > I need someone to rebuild the transmission in my truck. Will you do it

    for
    > free?
    > --
    > -Karl Core
    > Please Support "Project Boneyard":
    > http://www.insurgence.net/info.aspx?action=band&item=boneyard

    If we knew you we probably would. My husband has done stuff for family and
    friends numerous times for free. Gets aggraviting after awhile. (can't
    spell hehe) I appologize if i get on someones nerves. You probably get this
    alot. I'm hoping that IF I start making money with my site I can give
    someone some money for helping me out. I'm working on a small biz.

    pfancy, Jan 24, 2005
  7. pfancy

    pfancy Guest

    "Matthias Gutfeldt" <> wrote in message
    > Karl Core wrote:
    > > "pfancy" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>For free. I'm needing someone to volunteer to help me with my website.
    > >>and
    > >>Make it look better. I don't have much money right now. my website is
    > >>www.searcydigest.com If you want to look at it. Thanks in advance.
    > >>

    > > I need someone to rebuild the transmission in my truck. Will you do it

    for
    > > free?

    > Hey, sure. I'll bring the duct tape if you bring the beer.

    :)

    pfancy, Jan 24, 2005
  8. pfancy wrote:
    > For free. I'm needing someone to volunteer to help me with my
    > website. and Make it look better. I don't have much money right
    > now. my website is www.searcydigest.com If you want to look at
    > it. Thanks in advance.

    For free: you must have an awfully large monitor on the computer you
    use to develop this site. That page does not come close to fitting in
    a full-screen browser window on my computer at 1024x768.

    http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?AnySizeDesign
    http://www.html-faq.com/htmlframes/
    http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?Tableless_layouts

    --
    -bts
    -This space intentionally left blank.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 24, 2005
  9. pfancy

    pfancy Guest

    "Travis Newbury" <> wrote in message
    > Karl Core wrote:
    > > I need someone to rebuild the transmission in my truck. Will you do

    > it for
    > > free?

    > I will. But thre are no guarentees it will ever run again...
    > --
    > -=tn=-

    Figures. Sorry I even asked <Smirk> NOT
    LOL.

    pfancy, Jan 24, 2005
  10. pfancy

    pfancy Guest

    > pfancy wrote:
    > > For free. I'm needing someone to volunteer to help me with my
    > > website. and Make it look better. I don't have much money right
    > > now. my website is www.searcydigest.com If you want to look at
    > > it. Thanks in advance.

    > For free: you must have an awfully large monitor on the computer you
    > use to develop this site. That page does not come close to fitting in
    > a full-screen browser window on my computer at 1024x768.
    >
    > http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?AnySizeDesign
    > http://www.html-faq.com/htmlframes/
    > http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?Tableless_layouts
    >
    > --
    > -bts
    > -This space intentionally left blank.

    I have 17 inch monitor at 1024 x 768. why do you think I'm asking for help.
    I have some experince but Still need to learn. ;)

    pfancy, Jan 24, 2005
  11. pfancy

    Karl Core Guest

    "pfancy" <> wrote in message

    > "Karl Core" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "pfancy" <> wrote in message
    >> > For free. I'm needing someone to volunteer to help me with my website.
    >> > and
    >> > Make it look better. I don't have much money right now. my website
    >> > is
    >> > www.searcydigest.com If you want to look at it. Thanks in advance.
    >> >

    >> I need someone to rebuild the transmission in my truck. Will you do it

    > for
    >> free?
    >> --
    >> -Karl Core
    >> Please Support "Project Boneyard":
    >> http://www.insurgence.net/info.aspx?action=band&item=boneyard
    >>

    > If we knew you we probably would. My husband has done stuff for family and
    > friends numerous times for free. Gets aggraviting after awhile. (can't
    > spell hehe) I appologize if i get on someones nerves. You probably get
    > this
    > alot. I'm hoping that IF I start making money with my site I can give
    > someone some money for helping me out. I'm working on a small biz.

    I recommend pursuing another venture until you actually learn what you're
    doing.
    Seriously, you can't just say "I know nothing about the web, the technology
    behind it, or how to market to it, but I'm gonna put up a site anyway". Its
    like saying "I don't own any tools and don't know anything about auto
    mechanics, but I'm gonna open up a repair shop".
    You need to invest the time and energy into learning how to do this stuff
    yourself instead of selfishly asking someone to do it for free who HAS taken
    the time to learn it.

    Karl Core, Jan 24, 2005
  12. pfancy

    pfancy Guest

    > > If we knew you we probably would. My husband has done stuff for family

    and
    > > friends numerous times for free. Gets aggraviting after awhile. (can't
    > > spell hehe) I appologize if i get on someones nerves. You probably get
    > > this
    > > alot. I'm hoping that IF I start making money with my site I can give
    > > someone some money for helping me out. I'm working on a small biz.
    > >

    > I recommend pursuing another venture until you actually learn what you're
    > doing.
    > Seriously, you can't just say "I know nothing about the web, the

    technology
    > behind it, or how to market to it, but I'm gonna put up a site anyway".

    Its
    > like saying "I don't own any tools and don't know anything about auto
    > mechanics, but I'm gonna open up a repair shop".
    > You need to invest the time and energy into learning how to do this stuff
    > yourself instead of selfishly asking someone to do it for free who HAS

    taken
    > the time to learn it.

    I do understand what you are saying and I know you are right. But my plans
    were when I started making money I plan on paying whoever helps with the
    website. I have Idea on what I want for it but not the know how Of the
    template for my site.

    pfancy, Jan 24, 2005
  13. pfancy

    Del Ferguson Guest

    "pfancy" <> wrote in message

    >> pfancy wrote:
    >> > For free. I'm needing someone to volunteer to help me with my
    >> > website. and Make it look better. I don't have much money right
    >> > now. my website is www.searcydigest.com If you want to look at
    >> > it. Thanks in advance.

    >> For free: you must have an awfully large monitor on the computer you
    >> use to develop this site. That page does not come close to fitting in
    >> a full-screen browser window on my computer at 1024x768.
    >>
    >> http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?AnySizeDesign
    >> http://www.html-faq.com/htmlframes/
    >> http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?Tableless_layouts
    >>
    >> --
    >> -bts
    >> -This space intentionally left blank.

    > I have 17 inch monitor at 1024 x 768. why do you think I'm asking for
    > help.
    > I have some experince but Still need to learn. ;)

    In my humble old-timer's opinion, if you don't get your initial screen view
    down to a width of about 740px at 800x600 (no horizontal scroll-bar), half
    of your reader-ship will just give up. Why use frames? It is just too hard
    to validate for all browsers. The same with graphics. Go easy on them.
    All that flicker can be hard on the eyes. With a little work, it is easier
    to use DIV classes to lay out your page to achieve the "right" look. Also,
    keep the text size larger (or adjustable). If you don't already, I think
    using TIDY on your pages would be a good learning experience. Just for an
    awakening, go to Dr. HTML (search on Google) and see what it tells you. If
    you have some experience, learning to make the corrections on your pages
    won't be that hard. Have fun!

    Del Ferguson

    By the way, my monitor is 19 inches, but I still keep it at 800x600, Windows
    XP large font... And, I'm still learning--and will till the day I die...

    Del Ferguson, Jan 24, 2005
  14. pfancy

    pfancy Guest

    pfancy, Jan 24, 2005
  15. pfancy

    JDS Guest

    On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 09:28:42 -0800, Del Ferguson wrote:

    > And, I'm still learning--and will till the day I
    > die...

    Personally, I plan to become stubborn and stop learning when I'm around 76
    or so. So, if I die before then, maybe...

    --
    JDS |

    JDS, Jan 24, 2005
  16. pfancy

    JDS Guest

    On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 10:55:18 -0500, Karl Core wrote:

    > I need someone to rebuild the transmission in my truck. Will you do it
    > for free?

    Tell me about it! My car is dying...

    --
    JDS |

    JDS, Jan 24, 2005
  17. pfancy

    JDS Guest

    On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 16:56:41 +0100, Matthias Gutfeldt wrote:

    > Hey, sure. I'll bring the duct tape if you bring the beer.

    I've never been sure why ducks need tape, no, really. Oh! "duct" oops
    sorry

    --
    JDS |

    JDS, Jan 24, 2005
  18. pfancy

    Del Ferguson Guest

    "JDS" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 09:28:42 -0800, Del Ferguson wrote:
    >
    >> And, I'm still learning--and will till the day I
    >> die...

    > Personally, I plan to become stubborn and stop learning when I'm
    > around 76
    > or so. So, if I die before then, maybe...
    >
    > --
    > JDS |
    > | http://www.newtnotes.com

    Jeff,

    If you stop learning, you might as well be dead. I have another 10
    years to become stubborn; however, I still might overcome that idea and
    continue learning. By the way, another method of learning good HTML is
    to go to a poster's personal site and look at the source code with
    Firefox Tidy--which is about the only thing I like about Firefox. I do
    it all of the time as I'm always looking for ideas and people persist in
    putting their sites in their signatures. Even though you didn't ask and
    say you don't care, I do think your site is just fine--you just need to
    check some spelling. Hint: configure and maintenance. Just a friendly
    critique.

    Del Ferguson

    Del Ferguson, Jan 24, 2005
  19. pfancy

    JDS Guest

    On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 14:12:32 -0800, Del Ferguson wrote:

    > their sites in their signatures. Even though you didn't ask and say you
    > don't care, I do think your site is just fine--you just need to check some
    > spelling. Hint: configure and maintenance. Just a friendly critique.

    Speling? My speling iz fine and gramar my is too. cood yoo be moar
    specific?

    --
    JDS |

    JDS, Jan 26, 2005