Need source code or free library (for UNIX) for JPG and GIF to BMP conversion

b83503104

Hi,
I' need this for UNIX, not Windows. I know there are lots of this
kind of stuff for MFC or Windows.
I'm doing computer vision, extracting features from an image. By now
I can only read bmp files on UNIX. However, I also have to read jpg
and gif files.
Please tell me if you know relevant resources,
Thank you!

David

Karl Heinz Buchegger

b83503104 said:
Hi,
I' need this for UNIX, not Windows. I know there are lots of this
kind of stuff for MFC or Windows.
I'm doing computer vision, extracting features from an image. By now
I can only read bmp files on UNIX. However, I also have to read jpg
and gif files.
Please tell me if you know relevant resources,

Use the force, Luke!

http://www.google.com

"image library unix download"

Choose one.

Rolf Magnus

b83503104 said:
Hi,
I' need this for UNIX, not Windows. I know there are lots of this
kind of stuff for MFC or Windows.

There are loads of that stuff for Un*x.
I'm doing computer vision, extracting features from an image. By now
I can only read bmp files on UNIX. However, I also have to read jpg
and gif files.

You can use libjpg and libungif. Or use soemthing like ImageMagick,
which wraps dozens of libraries for all kinds of formats, or... well,
look around yourself.
Please tell me if you know relevant resources,

http://www.freshmeat.net
http://www.sourceforge.net

Btw, that kind of question is actually off-topic here. Next time, try a
Un*x programming newsgroup.