Need Sr DOT NET Developer | Seatle,Washington | 2+ years

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by kin, Jul 2, 2009.

  1. kin

    kin Guest

    Hi,

    Title: Sr DOT NET Developer

    Location: Seatle, Washington

    Duration: 2+ years

    Only GC/Citizens/W2

    Skills:

    8+ years of .NET

    WCF/WPF experience

    SILVER LIGHT

    Thanks,

    kin, Jul 2, 2009

  2. re:
    !> Skills:
    !> 8+ years of .NET

    Bwahahah ! Nobody can fit your job description.

    The .Net Framework 1.0 was released on February 13, 2002.

    That's only 7 years and 4 months ago,
    so nobody can have "8+ years of .NET" experience.

    I hate spammers, but I hate ignorant spammers more.

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    ¿ Estas probando VS 2010 y ASP.NET 4.0 ?
    Regístrate (gratis) en los Foros de VS 2010 y ASP.NET 4.0, en español
    http://asp.net.do/foros/forums/

    Juan T. Llibre, Jul 2, 2009

  3. kin

    Tom Dacon Guest

    "Juan T. Llibre" <> wrote in message
    > re:
    > !> Skills:
    > !> 8+ years of .NET
    >
    > Bwahahah ! Nobody can fit your job description.
    >
    > The .Net Framework 1.0 was released on February 13, 2002.

    Wrong, friend. .Net 1.0 came out from under non-disclosure in July or August
    of 2000, at the PDC conference in Los Angeles. Within less than a week, I
    was writing C# with Notepad and compiling it from the command line. So I've
    easily got 8+ years of .Net experience.

    Maybe you're thinking about the first release of Visual Studio, but a lot of
    people had gotten started with .Net long before that was available.

    Tom Dacon
    Dacon Software Consulting

    Tom Dacon, Jul 3, 2009
  4. re:
    !>> The .Net Framework 1.0 was released on February 13, 2002.
    !> Wrong, friend. .Net 1.0 came out from under non-disclosure in July or August

    Please read again...

    The .Net Framework 1.0 was *released* on ...

    re:
    !> Maybe you're thinking about the first release of Visual Studio

    Nope...

    Your memory is failing you.

    See :
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_.NET_Framework_versions

    The .Net Framework 1.0 was Released To Manufacturing on 2002-03-05.

    For confirmation from the horse's mouth ( Microsoft ), see :

    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/netframeredist/download.mspx

    The .Net Framework 1.0 was released on March 5, 2002.

    There's no way that anybody could have 8+ years experience with the release version.

    Some people, like you and I, got to play with the beta bits but you can't call that "experience".
    The .Net Framework was a work in progress and classes were pulled out from under us almost monthly in the beta.

    I can vividly remember keeping a crib sheet for the fast moving changes.
    Anybody who didn't do that, would sink fast as the class changes were unfolded.

    Ah, those were the days !

    Juan T. Llibre, Jul 3, 2009
  5. kin

    Bill Yanaire Guest

    "kin" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >

    > Title: Sr DOT NET Developer
    >
    > Location: Seatle, Washington
    >
    > Duration: 2+ years
    >
    > Only GC/Citizens/W2
    >

    > Skills:
    >
    > 8+ years of .NET
    >
    > WCF/WPF experience
    >
    > SILVER LIGHT
    >
    > Thanks,

    So you can't use anyone with 5+ years of .NET? What's the big deal? Must
    be some kind of sweat shop.

    Bill Yanaire, Jul 6, 2009