    C1, C2 and C3 are boolean.

    Thank you.

    Weng

    Weng Tianxiang, Jun 17, 2005

  2. Weng Tianxiang

    David Bishop Guest

    Weng Tianxiang wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I need a standard function name to do (Bool and Vector).
    >
    > For example:
    >
    > A(2 downto 0) <= (C1 and B1(2 downto 0))
    > or (C2 and B2(2 downto 0))
    > or (C3 and B3(2 downto 0));
    >
    > C1, C2 and C3 are boolean.

    You will find the new versions of the packages at:
    http://www.eda.org/vhdl-200x/vhdl-200x-ft/packages/files.html

    Looking at what has been done here, you can't do this with
    "boolean_vector", but you can do this with bit and bit_vector.

    David Bishop, Jun 18, 2005

  3. David,
    Thank you for your help.

    I have used my definition of function BoolAndVector( ). What I had
    hoped is replacing with a standard function might have gotten better
    compilation and consequently better performance.

    Now I know bit_vector is not what I want.

    Weng

    Weng Tianxiang, Jun 21, 2005