    computer.

    Is there a standard code to test the speed.

    By Andreas

    Andreas Weichert, Nov 25, 2003

  2. > I want to check the interger and floating - point calculation speed of
    an
    > computer.
    >
    > Is there a standard code to test the speed.

    SPECint and SPECfp (http://www.specbench.org/benchmarks.html). Note
    however that benchmark results should always be taken with a grain of
    salt. These test rarely tax the system in the same way your application
    does. In order for benchmark results to be meaningful it is important to
    fully understand how the test is performed, what aspect of the system is
    actually being tested, and if the test is representative for your
    situation. For example some floating point benchmarks are more limited
    by the memory subsystem than the FPU itself. If your application is
    computationally intensive but not memory intensive, the results of those
    benchmarks could be misleading.

    --
    Peter van Merkerk
    peter.van.merkerk(at)dse.nl