Need statndadt code for calculate MIPS and FLOPS

Andreas Weichert

Hello !

I want to check the interger and floating - point calculation speed of an
computer.

Is there a standard code to test the speed.

By Andreas

Peter van Merkerk

I want to check the interger and floating - point calculation speed of
an
computer.

Is there a standard code to test the speed.

SPECint and SPECfp (http://www.specbench.org/benchmarks.html). Note
however that benchmark results should always be taken with a grain of
salt. These test rarely tax the system in the same way your application
does. In order for benchmark results to be meaningful it is important to
fully understand how the test is performed, what aspect of the system is
actually being tested, and if the test is representative for your
situation. For example some floating point benchmarks are more limited
by the memory subsystem than the FPU itself. If your application is
computationally intensive but not memory intensive, the results of those
benchmarks could be misleading.