Need substitute for SSI GLOBAL

Michael Butler

Hello,

I'm trying to port a website from GoServer to IIS 5.1 and it makes a lot of
use of SSI.

Under GoServer I could set GLOBAL variables, such as:
< !--#GLOBAL VAR="name" VALUE="me" -- >

and then use ECHO to display it:
I am < !--#ECHO VAR="name" -- >

IIS supports ECHO, but does not seem to support GLOBAL.

How can I convert my GLOBALs to something ECHO will display?

The conversion needs to be done rather quickly, so any 'quick and dirty'
advice will be most welcome.

Thanks

Michael

Mark Schupp

You should probably ask this in an IIS newsgroup.

--
Mark Schupp
--

Michael Butler

HI,

I posted this message in a general area, they suggested posting it here,
probably because they thought there was some sort of ASP functional
equivalent to the SSI GLOBAL.

Michael