need suggestion - domain masking or something

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by ZenMasta, Mar 2, 2010.

  1. ZenMasta

    ZenMasta Guest

    In order to strengthen ppc advertising I have a couple of domains specific
    to some of our products. The domains redirect to a custom search string on
    my site..
    so for example widget.com would redir to mysite.com/search=widget or
    something like that.

    Unfortunately Google just disapproved my ads because my display url
    widget.com isn't the same as my destination url mydomain.com. I had been
    doing this for a long time and it was strengthening my ppc ad position
    because the keywords were in both my ad text and my domain name.

    Now I want to fix this so I can legitimately use my alternate domains and
    need some suggestions.

    I've thought about domain masking but if I remember correctly page titles
    don't properly display on masked domains, and also if a customer decides to
    checkout, the coding is specifically for mydomain.com so even if I got ssl
    certs for my other domains it probably wouldn't work anyway.

    So my thoughts are
    1) a script that will unmask the domain if they click on any link/button
    etc. if they click on a info link instead of continuing to widget.com/info,
    it unmasks and shows the mydomain.com/info

    2) im out of ideas hehe.

    ZenMasta, Mar 2, 2010