Need suggestion on a GTalk Webservice

est

I am writing a GTalkBot which provides a webservice
http://xxx.com/services/sendmessage.html

If someone POST some text to http://xxx.com/services/sendmessage.html
it will transfer the text to some friends on GTalk.

I tried using django's __init__.py function to build this service but
it seemed too stupid, here is the discuss thread:
http://groups.google.com/group/django-users/t/9e652d3ad37338fc

I thought about other solutions, running a GTalk daemon process and
using sockets to interact with django, but it seemed to COMPLEX to me.
Is there a simpler way to do this? a pythonic, simple way?