Need suggestions for laying out dynamic content on page...

Jack Black

Well, here's what I want to do: the user enters one or more keywords.
Those keywords are then run individually against several different
tables, each presumably returning between 0 and -x- records from the
search. I need to be able to lay out each resultset, populated in a
table each, one after the other on a single page.

Now, here's the thing: At design time, I've placed the first table
control on the page, and I'm building it out with the results from the
first table query. Wonderful.

Now... Since I haven't found a way yet to reposition objects (ala
left, top properties in VB6) dynamically on the page with ASP.Net, how
can I lay out these table positions either at design time (not
feasible) or runtime (only real solution)? It appears that the normal
object properties (like the TABLE object) reports its design-time
properties at run-time (myTable.height is 16px, regardless of number
of records it contains.

In ordinary ASP this would be a piece of cake; unfortunately, it ain't
with ASP.Net. :) Suggestions? And don't say "Use ASP!" cuz that's
not a solution here... Is there a dynamically-resizeable placeholder
kind of control that I can use here? Or maybe I have to enclose each
of the tables in its own DIV, and use DHTML to reposition on the
client side??

Thanks!
Jack