Need suggestions/opinions about pdf/word manipulation

Brian Simmons

Hi All,

Not even sure if this is the right group to post to, but I'll give it a shot
here.

I'm using ASP.NET 2, and C#.

Basically, my client has a 2 page contract in Word. It's a pretty simple
boiler template type of thing.
Essentially, I have to insert the FirstName/LastName/Dates, etc... into the
contract.

I believe the client going to want the Word document converted to a PDF.

Any suggestions as to how go about doing this sort of thing?

Thanks,
Brian

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Thanks for Mark's input!

Hi Brian,

So are you going to still keep world/excel format at server-side when
processing or convert it to other format? If convert to other format, you
may need a converter component to do the work. Otherwise, you can may let
the user input those necessary fields in some standard html based input
entries and generate or process the word/excel documents at server-side. If
you need to display a response screen with the certain info to client, is
it possible that you display a html based screen(contains the similar info
like those ones in word/excel document)?

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

--------------------

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Brian,

Any progress on this issue? Or if you have any further question or anything
need help, please don't hesitate to post here.

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

Brian Simmons

Hi Steven,

I'm going to evaluate the suggested Aspose products. They seem pretty
promising.

Thanks,
Brian

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Thanks for your followup Brian,

Welcome to post here and inform us if you get any further progress or
experience on this.

Have a nice day.

From: "Brian Simmons" <[email protected]>

steve fred

PDF Converter for Mac is a nonsuch PDF tool to help Mac users convert
PDF to Word documents(*.doc), Excel spreadsheets(*.xls), PowerPoint
presentations(*.pptx), EPUB eBooks(*.epub), Text files(*.txt) and HTML
pages(*.html). Mac users can choose any formats they need to convert
to and all the conversion can be done within only one program.

With PDF Converter for Mac, you can:
* Print restricted PDF files
* Resize images of PDF files
* Edit PDF files in Microsoft Office
* Share PDF files on internet easily
* Change contents in any existing PDF files
* Modify typos and misspellings in PDF files
* Calculate and edit data in Microsoft Excel
* Read PDF eBooks on mobile devices, such as iPad, iPhone, iPod
touch, Sony reader and more
* Extract the text, images, graphics, tables and hyperlinks for
reusing in other applications

More Info: http://www.pdf.converter-for-mac.com/