Need to briefly show message on screen (Data saved! etc)

Iver Erling Årva

I hope someone can help with this ;-)

I need to briefly display a message window in the middle of the current
browser window. The best would be if this could be done in plain javascript
and if the time it is displayed is adjustable.

If I could call it with a function like:

showMsgWin(textToShow,timeToShowIt, requiresKeyToCloseOrNot)

or alternatively could set time set to 0 so it would require a key-press or
mouseclick to close that would be great.

Thanks for any help!!!

(e-mail address removed)

Evertjan.

Iver Erling Årva wrote on 16 nov 2004 in comp.lang.javascript:
I hope someone can help with this ;-)

I need to briefly display a message window in the middle of the
current browser window. The best would be if this could be done in
plain javascript and if the time it is displayed is adjustable.

If I could call it with a function like:

showMsgWin(textToShow,timeToShowIt, requiresKeyToCloseOrNot)

or alternatively could set time set to 0 so it would require a
key-press or mouseclick to close that would be great.

Thanks for any help!!!

"overlib" will do this for you, and more.

<http://www.bosrup.com/web/overlib/>

Iver Erling Årva

Thanks a lot! That is exactly the kind of solution I was looking for!

Brgds
(e-mail address removed)

Iver Erling Årva

Sorry, but that one requires the user to click OK to get the window to go
away. That was partly what I wanted to avoid.

But thanks anyway!

Brgds
(e-mail address removed)