Need to check for additional text in an element

Discussion in 'XML' started by richardkreidl@northwesternmutual.com, Jan 19, 2005.

  1. Guest

    What I'd like to do is to check the values in an element if they're
    greater than a certain time and if they are, then change the font color
    of the time. I have about 10 elements that I will check against a
    different time for each element, I'm just showing one element below in
    my XML file. The time checking I have in the XSL file below works fine.
    As you can see by my XSL file below I'm checking if this element
    'LASTISA' if it's time is greater than 11:00 PM. And if it's before
    11:00 PM the color will be green after 11:00 PM it would be orange.

    Now, what I'd like to do is to check if the element has the text
    'running' in it, if it does then I would like the 'running' text to be
    in red. Example: <LASTISA>running</LASTISA>

    I tried using another <xsl:when> and a <xsl:if> statement, but it
    always defaults to the color green.

    Any ideas???
    Thanks
    Rich

    Part of my XML file:
    <?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?>
    <MSR>
    <Info>
    <LASTISA>11:01 PM Wednesday</LASTISA>
    </Info>
    </MSR>

    Part of my XSL file:
    <xsl:template match="LASTISA[. != '']">
    <xsl:variable name="hours" select="number(substring-before(.,':'))"/>
    <xsl:variable name="minutes"
    select="number(substring(substring-after(.,':'),1,2))"/>
    <xsl:variable name="PM" select="contains(.,'PM')"/>
    <li>ISA DataBase ended at: <font><xsl:attribute name="color">
    <xsl:choose>
    <xsl:when test="$PM and ($hours &gt;= 11) and ($minutes &gt;
    0)">#FF6600
    </xsl:when>
    <xsl:eek:therwise>#00008B
    </xsl:eek:therwise>
    </xsl:choose>
    </xsl:attribute><xsl:value-of select="." /></font></li>
    </xsl:template>
    , Jan 19, 2005