Need to dynamically add <ASP:Button> controls to web user control w.in page

FredZimmerman

How do I dynamically generate <ASP:button> controls for a repeating
recordset (using reader with while loop).

Each row would have ASP:Button and CommandName="sameFunctionForAll()"
CommandArgument=reader["ProductID"].ToString()

I'm not at all sure how to tackle this.

I have page that contains embedded .ASCX. The buttons would be
displayed within the embedded web user control.

Thanks.

F.Z.

Nathan Sokalski

Correct me if I'm wrong, but why are you not using a Repeater or DataList
control? Using these would allow you to use databinding rather than a while
loop. Using databinding makes it easier to do layout and usually requires
less code. Perhaps if I could see your code I might be able to be more
specific about what I would suggest.