    Master.

    Maybe I need something like a popup page with the options on it.

    Thanks

    Cal Who, Apr 6, 2010

  2. Re: Need to enable options to be selected without leaving page beingviewed

    On Apr 7, 12:58 am, " Cal Who" <> wrote:
    > I have a menu item Preferences which links to a page where some options  can
    > be selected.
    >
    > The problem with that is that if you are on a page and want to change an
    > option, clicking the menu item takes you out of the page you're looking at.
    >
    > Do you have any idea how I can enable options to be selected in a better
    > way?
    >
    > I could, of course, put all the option selections on the Master but that
    > uses too much room on it. I'd like to have only a small button on the
    > Master.
    >
    > Maybe I need something like a popup page with the options on it.
    >
    > Thanks

    It can be in Master but if you make it in a hidden layer it will not
    take too much space on it. Clicking on the link should make that layer
    visible. Another option is to use a sort of ajax popup "window" that
    can be loaded dynamically on any page (but this would probably again
    require to have a Master page)

    Alexey Smirnov, Apr 12, 2010

  3. Cal Who

    Cal Who Guest

    "Alexey Smirnov" <> wrote in message
    On Apr 7, 12:58 am, " Cal Who" <> wrote:
    > I have a menu item Preferences which links to a page where some options
    > can
    > be selected.
    >
    > The problem with that is that if you are on a page and want to change an
    > option, clicking the menu item takes you out of the page you're looking
    > at.
    >
    > Do you have any idea how I can enable options to be selected in a better
    > way?
    >
    > I could, of course, put all the option selections on the Master but that
    > uses too much room on it. I'd like to have only a small button on the
    > Master.
    >
    > Maybe I need something like a popup page with the options on it.
    >
    > Thanks

    It can be in Master but if you make it in a hidden layer it will not
    take too much space on it. Clicking on the link should make that layer
    visible. Another option is to use a sort of ajax popup "window" that
    can be loaded dynamically on any page (but this would probably again
    require to have a Master page)

    Thank you

    Cal Who, Apr 13, 2010