Need to enable options to be selected without leaving page being viewed

Cal Who

I have a menu item Preferences which links to a page where some options can
be selected.

The problem with that is that if you are on a page and want to change an
option, clicking the menu item takes you out of the page you're looking at.

Do you have any idea how I can enable options to be selected in a better
way?

I could, of course, put all the option selections on the Master but that
uses too much room on it. I'd like to have only a small button on the
Master.

Maybe I need something like a popup page with the options on it.

Thanks

Guest

I have a menu item Preferences which links to a page where some options  can
be selected.

The problem with that is that if you are on a page and want to change an
option, clicking the menu item takes you out of the page you're looking at.

Do you have any idea how I can enable options to be selected in a better
way?

I could, of course, put all the option selections on the Master but that
uses too much room on it. I'd like to have only a small button on the
Master.

Maybe I need something like a popup page with the options on it.

Thanks

It can be in Master but if you make it in a hidden layer it will not
take too much space on it. Clicking on the link should make that layer
visible. Another option is to use a sort of ajax popup "window" that
can be loaded dynamically on any page (but this would probably again
require to have a Master page)

[...]

Thank you