Need to find which textbox has focus from a user control.

dougmcmurtry

I have a web app that is going on a touch screen computer with no
keyboard, so I have to allow them to enter numeric data into text
fields through a UserControl that I built. All I need to find is which
textbox control on the page has focus so I know where to put the
input. Any ideas? Thanks all......

bruce barker

your user control will have the focus. you need to decide on the UI, how to
identify the textbox, the touch control will fill in.

you coudl use the textbox onfocus event to save the id of the last textbox.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

dougmcmurtry

Do you know if I can use the Javascript onfocus event to set a
protected member variable on the aspx page?