Need to fire up Input Method in a multi-language application

icepac

Greetings everybody !

I have an application which can switch into different languages (the
objective is to teach people new languages).
However, when I switch to Chinese or Japanese I want that all of my
input components to start using InputMethods suited for such locale.

For instance I use the following code on an JTextEdit component :

if(_iActiveLanguage == Constants.iChinese)
jTextFieldAnswer.setLocale(Locale.SIMPLIFIED_CHINESE);
else if (_iActiveLanguage == Constants.iJapanese)
jTextFieldAnswer.setLocale(Locale.JAPANESE);

My thinking is that changing the locale for the jTextFieldAnswer should
activate the Chinese or Japanese InputMethods which I have loaded here
:

http://www.chinesecomputing.com/programming/java.html#input

However, when I test my application and switch to Chinese language then
I don't get the InputMethod...
Also, all of my AWT heavyweight components do not display Chinese
character when I my application switch to chinese, only the swing
components seem able to display Unicode char...

Any help is appreciated, thanx !!

Pascal