Need to fire up Input Method in a multi-language application

Discussion in 'Java' started by icepac, Aug 18, 2006.

  1. icepac

    icepac Guest

    Greetings everybody !

    I have an application which can switch into different languages (the
    objective is to teach people new languages).
    However, when I switch to Chinese or Japanese I want that all of my
    input components to start using InputMethods suited for such locale.

    For instance I use the following code on an JTextEdit component :

    if(_iActiveLanguage == Constants.iChinese)
    jTextFieldAnswer.setLocale(Locale.SIMPLIFIED_CHINESE);
    else if (_iActiveLanguage == Constants.iJapanese)
    jTextFieldAnswer.setLocale(Locale.JAPANESE);

    My thinking is that changing the locale for the jTextFieldAnswer should
    activate the Chinese or Japanese InputMethods which I have loaded here
    :

    http://www.chinesecomputing.com/programming/java.html#input

    However, when I test my application and switch to Chinese language then
    I don't get the InputMethod...
    Also, all of my AWT heavyweight components do not display Chinese
    character when I my application switch to chinese, only the swing
    components seem able to display Unicode char...

    Any help is appreciated, thanx !!

    Pascal

    icepac, Aug 18, 2006