    Thanks in Advance
    Regards,
    Siva rajesh

    rajesh, Dec 2, 2005

  2. rajesh

    Guest

    rajesh wrote:
    > Can anybody help me in generating a HTML file
    > using PERL and the data coming out of perl script is needed to be
    > printed in tables in that HTML file.

    > Can anybody help me is thre any module to support that and how to
    > use the functions in that module in brief.

    Of course.

    The general-purpose Perl module to generate ANY sort of HTML is the CGI
    module (it comes with Perl, so you can see the documentation and
    examples by typing "perldoc CGI" or you can look at the docs at CPAN:
    http://search.cpan.org/~lds/CGI.pm-3.11/CGI.pm).

    A quick search of CPAN also shows some interesting HTML table options,
    such as
    http://search.cpan.org/~ajpeacock/HTML-Table-2.02/Table.pm

    http://search.cpan.org/~anio/HTML-EasyTable-0.04/lib/HTML/EasyTable.pm

    You can apply colors, etc via HTML with any of these modules, but
    that's really not the "modern" way. You ought to use CSS (which you can
    combine with any of these modules). The topic of CSS itself is
    off-topic in this group (and you are VERY unlikely to get any responses
    to CSS questions, except for flames), You may discuss CSS in forums
    such as alt.www.webmasters and many others).

    If you show us a (small) sample of your input data, and an example of
    of *exactly* what you want your HTML for that data to look like, you
    might get REALLY lucky and someone might show you a bit of code that
    does what you want (and maybe even a little CSS to go along with it).
    But this level of response falls (far) beyond what you may expect in
    this particular group, because most of the regular posters here
    recommend compliance with a set of posting guidelines for this group
    which you may find on-line at
    http://mail.augustmail.com/~tadmc/clpmisc.shtml
    If you wish to ask further questions, I highly recommend that you read
    these guidelines first - they are for YOUR benefit, because they show
    you how to ask good questions that are very likely to get prompt,
    high-quality responses from the many Perl experts (and the occasional
    trolls) who frequent this newsgroup.

    Cheers!
    --
    http://DavidFilmer.com