need to generate HTML page which may have tables

rajesh

Hi,
I am Siva Rajesh. Can anybody help me in generating a HTML file
using PERL and the data coming out of perl script is needed to be
printed in tables in that HTML file. My requirement is do some
processing on input text file which has virtual addresses and physical
addresses and the output generated after processing that data should be
written in HTML file in tables. I need to show memory map in HTML file
and it needs some colors also for the tables.

Can anybody help me is thre any module to support that and how to
use the functions in that module in brief.

Thanks in Advance
Regards,
Siva rajesh

usenet

rajesh said:
Can anybody help me in generating a HTML file
using PERL and the data coming out of perl script is needed to be
printed in tables in that HTML file.
Can anybody help me is thre any module to support that and how to
use the functions in that module in brief.

Of course.

The general-purpose Perl module to generate ANY sort of HTML is the CGI
module (it comes with Perl, so you can see the documentation and
examples by typing "perldoc CGI" or you can look at the docs at CPAN:
http://search.cpan.org/~lds/CGI.pm-3.11/CGI.pm).

A quick search of CPAN also shows some interesting HTML table options,
such as
http://search.cpan.org/~ajpeacock/HTML-Table-2.02/Table.pm

http://search.cpan.org/~anio/HTML-EasyTable-0.04/lib/HTML/EasyTable.pm

You can apply colors, etc via HTML with any of these modules, but
that's really not the "modern" way. You ought to use CSS (which you can
combine with any of these modules). The topic of CSS itself is
off-topic in this group (and you are VERY unlikely to get any responses
to CSS questions, except for flames), You may discuss CSS in forums
such as alt.www.webmasters and many others).

If you show us a (small) sample of your input data, and an example of
of *exactly* what you want your HTML for that data to look like, you
might get REALLY lucky and someone might show you a bit of code that
does what you want (and maybe even a little CSS to go along with it).
But this level of response falls (far) beyond what you may expect in
this particular group, because most of the regular posters here
recommend compliance with a set of posting guidelines for this group
which you may find on-line at
http://mail.augustmail.com/~tadmc/clpmisc.shtml
If you wish to ask further questions, I highly recommend that you read
these guidelines first - they are for YOUR benefit, because they show
you how to ask good questions that are very likely to get prompt,
high-quality responses from the many Perl experts (and the occasional
trolls) who frequent this newsgroup.

Cheers!