Need to know how to grant SQL login for the ASPNET account on a remote host via a VPN

Tim Meagher

The MSDN article "How To: Use Forms Authentication with SQL Server 2000"
located at

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnnetsec/html/SecNetHT03.asp

provides a SQL script for granting login, datbase access, and execute
permissions for stored procedures to the ASPNET user on the local machine
where the web application is being run. However, I want to be able to grant
permission to the web application when launched from my Visual Studio
debugger on a remote machine via a VPN. When I try to use the computer name
of the remote machine, then the statement:

exec sp_grantlogin [RemoteComputerName\APNET]

cannot identify the user. How can I correct this problem?

Thank you,

Tim