Need to move multiple fields to a new table - please help!

Tony M.

Okay I have a "list" view that contains a package inventory stored in a
table called addpackages. Attributes include fname, lname,
packagetype, email, phone, etc.

Here's what I've done already:
1. When you click the last name of a person in the list view simulating
they are picking the package up, you go to my custom edit view.
addpackage.id %></td>

2. Here is my custom edit view:
<form action="../update/<%= @addpackage.id %>" method="POST"">
<input id="addpackage_id" name="addpackage[id]" size="30"
type="hidden" value="<%= @addpackage.id %>" />

<input id="addpackage_signature" name="addpackage[signature]" size="5"
type="text" value="<%= @addpackage_signature %>" />

<input type="submit" value="Sign for package" />
</form>

3. This all works fine for getting the signature in the addpackages
table. What I would like to do at this point is copy a few
attributes(lname, fname, signature, phone) to a table called receipts?
I've already created a relationship between addpackages and receipts, I
just need help with coding behind this operation. I figure I would
perform this operation in the addpackage controller under "def edit" but
I really need a kick start to coding this or someone to tell me this is
the correct way to do it.

Help will be greatly greatly appreciated!!!

-Tony